TPS voltage...possible bad TPS

blksn955.o

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
st.louis mo 314
I have been messing around logging some sensors with the tweeceR/T. I was looking at my TPS voltage in cal-con and it was at .38-.42 volts (idle) no matter what I did.

I screwed the idle set screw until my idle was at 1200rpm and it still was at .38-.42 volts (idle). I then drilled out the bushing to get some room to move the TPS still .38-.42 volts (idle).

Is logging the TPS accurate or is there some sort of reduction in what is seen? I was looking for a range of .95-1.05 volts with the CABZA/94-95 eec that only needs to be within a range and .38-.42 sure is not in that range.

Back probing is going to be next to impossible with the elbow and plug in the way unless I tap into the wire before it goes into the loom. So before I go punching holes in my wires is logging sufficient?

BTW - this is the factory 94 TPS. I am going threw them one by one and looking as a few of my sensors are factory orig.

• Sponsors (?)

My old d logs showed about .92x at idle

I had many peeps send me their d logs and remember seeing some
as low as .6xx and .7xx but I don't remember any values as low as
you report here

I can't say if your tps is bad

but

If you do a motor off slow sweep of the full range ........
do you see a smooth operation and a peak value that falls in line?

Grady

Nothing with the engine off. The tweecer cal-con just shows .000 for the TPS on both dashboard and digital.

Oh...and with the motor running it is .042. It actually went up as hight as .062 but only for a second and went to .053 then .044 and settled at .042.

Hello final 5.0 and Blksn95 it's been a long, long time since I've been around.

Blksn95, the way I tested my tps, before Tweecer, was to let the car run and unplug and if the idle did not change, it was bad. Give it a try, it's free.

Hello final 5.0 and Blksn95 it's been a long, long time since I've been around.

Blksn95, the way I tested my tps, before Tweecer, was to let the car run and unplug and if the idle did not change, it was bad. Give it a try, it's free.

It has been a long time but I remember you for sure :)

:scratch: I'll take a stab and guess and say ... Al :scratch:

Grady

Pulled the car out and let it run...after a little while I unplugged the TPS. No change in idle or anything. With everything else showing funky readings for the TPS I am replacing it.

Ordered a new TPS at advance auto as no one has one local in stock or at least local sub $50.