TR3550 cross member

• Sponsors (?)

If I remember correctly from back in 2000-2001 I used my factory auto cross member.
Being a T5 you can just cut the tack welds and slid the factory one to the right spot on the bushings( and re tack)

If you have the standard fox body double hump t5 one just break the spot welds on the tubes and slide it all the way back..... The ford racing ones came unweld for that reason.

Can't remember what year the went to that one in the production line on the early 80's cars though.

If you have the standard fox body double hump t5 one just break the spot welds on the tubes and slide it all the way back..... The ford racing ones came unweld for that reason.

Can't remember what year the went to that one in the production line on the early 80's cars though.
Yep got the original double hump one. I will check it out and see. Guess it good I didn’t powder coat it yet.

I thought the double hump crossmember didn't come on the cars until 1986..... and that the 85's still had the single hump one due to their pseudo-dual exhaust that was actually a single pipe where it passed by the tranny.

You got me confused. Do you mean you got an 86-and-up original one from somewhere? Because your original one should be a single hump!?
LIke this one.....

DSCF0919.JPG

at this age very few cars are original any more lol., but the 86 up t5 version you just cut the spot weld and slide it back. No flipping them. I probably have a couple in the shed with my spare 3550 and tko. one car has an old hpm cross member in it and the other has a billet g force. Most people just use stifflers these days.

Use a double hump auto cross member and it will sit right or you'll have to cut the welds and slide yours back to where you need it and tack it down. On mine I used a double hump cross member from an auto