TR6 PLUGS WHAT GAP SHOULD I USE ?

rispoli_23

Jul 7, 2008
hey guys got some tr6 plugs for my 99 gt with cms cams and regular bolt ons what gap should i use ??? i am still fighting code p0300 ughhh i have had my cams for 2 years and now getting this code after a new dyno tune a few weeks ago along with p0602 and p0430

thanks
richard

• Sponsors (?)

hey guys got some tr6 plugs for my 99 gt with cms cams and regular bolt ons what gap should i use ??? i am still fighting code p0300 ughhh i have had my cams for 2 years and now getting this code after a new dyno tune a few weeks ago along with p0602 and p0430

thanks
richard

1) I agree with KT: go with the OE gap of 0.054" for normally aspirated.

2) P0602 is a "Control Module Programming Error" and that fact that it happened following someone installed a new dyno tune suggests that the programming had errors.

P0430 is "Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)". This is telling you that the rear O2 sensor on the driver's side is saying that the catalytic converter(s) on that side are defective. If you've got an O/R pipe or a set of high-flow cats in place you may get this code unless you use MIL Eliminators (O2 sensor filters) or have the code disabled in the tune.

Get these two (especially the tune and P0602) looked at first, clear the codes and then see what happens with P0300 (misfires).

thanks guys , i think i figured out what caused the p0430 when i got home i poppe the hood and noticed the pcv valve was not pushed in all the way so i cleared the codes and this morning when i let the car warm up i still got
p0602 and p0300 my tuner is looking at it on sunday so i hope he figures it out i really dont know what to do for those codes after changing the pugs i cant find a miss by listning to it ... anyway thanks