trac control yes or no when racing

• Sponsors (?)

Well no but....when I took my car to the track last, the first trip down the track i forgot to turn it off. I ran within a 10th of my best time with it on.

Jimp said:
Well no but....when I took my car to the track last, the first trip down the track i forgot to turn it off. I ran within a 10th of my best time with it on.
were you boggin on the line, or spinning the tires?

bigcat said:
were you boggin on the line, or spinning the tires?

No spin, it just went. It didn't seem to bog. It did bog however when i tried to do a burnout, lol. I wondered wtf was up. Like i said, i was nervous. I was talking to some other Mustang guys in the staging lanes afterwards and they were like, "yeah, been there, done that!" about leaving the TCS on, lol. Made me feel better.

Traction control will apply the rear brakes in pulses like antilock and/or reduce power thru fuel or spark. Whereas a moderate amount of wheel spin will keep your revs closer to peak power. Too much wheel spin can make for a bad launch
and no wheel spin can cause bogging. It all boils down to how your car is set up,
I.E. how much power you are putting to the ground and wether or not your suspension can transfer weight to the rear tires, and that those tires offer enough grip to launch without bogging or spinning excessively.