Track Newb need some advice

kramer03gt

Apr 4, 2005
madison, WI
Hey guys, well i might be taking the car out to the track for the first time, well my car is an 03 auto gt, with just a slp loudmouth and CAI, and TB setup, i was wodering if you guys had any tips for me and what times i could expect to see, running this car, it will be run in milwaukee, WI if that helps at all.

Thanks Guys
Steve

• Sponsors (?)

Assuming youre on street tires I wouldnt worry too much about a burnout. Maybe back up to the wet tracks coming out of the puddle and just spin them a bit to get any debris off. Do not drive thru the puddle. Drive around it.

Stage it and put one foot on the break and bring it up to about 2500-3000 or just enought till the tires are almost spinning but are not. The car will stand up a little in the back. When the light turns green floor it. With your mods I dont think you should spin too much but if so keep feathering it on subsequent passes until you eliminate your wheel spin.

+1 Exactly what I was going to say, (of course turn off your traction control)
SamMan said:
Assuming youre on street tires I wouldnt worry too much about a burnout. Maybe back up to the wet tracks coming out of the puddle and just spin them a bit to get any debris off. Do not drive thru the puddle. Drive around it.

Stage it and put one foot on the break and bring it up to about 2500-3000 or just enought till the tires are almost spinning but are not. The car will stand up a little in the back. When the light turns green floor it. With your mods I dont think you should spin too much but if so keep feathering it on subsequent passes until you eliminate your wheel spin.

+1 Exactly what I was going to say, (of course turn off your traction control and od)
SamMan said: