Tranny question

jonbacon

Sep 12, 2011
When it hits high gear it just revs.. drives fine in 1st,2nd, when it actually goes into high gear it loses power and just revs.. but I can drive it fine in 2nd...is this just a module/sensor or is my trans shot.. has factory auto in it.. replaced the filter and fluid in it. just wonderign if its a module,. if its shot im just going to order a new one..but wasnt sure if there is a module or sensor for high gear or for it to change into high correctly..

• Sponsors (?)

help me out so i dotn sound to stupid.. its automatic. has 1-2 and then the d .. so not fully sure.. I know there are several dif makes for it,. its nothing fancy. 92 gt, i know that when I went to get the new filter from advance, it was the wrong one, so I took the filter in with me. Finally found same part. it came out of 93 lx.. or trans for lxx accordign to computer

pretty common with the AOD; years ago I had 2 AOD's go out on me in the same fashion within a few months apart

I'd check how much it would be to rebuild and throw a shift kit in there while your at it.