tranny thoughts

50foxbody

Jan 4, 2009
when i got my car back i thought i would give it hell and blew out 3rd and 4th in my t-5. im not sure on what i should do re build? or get a c4. i dont know how to rebuild and i dont know whats involved in swaping to a c4 if any1 has another idea please feel free to give me ideas!

• Sponsors (?)

well I cooked my T-5 last fall and decided to go C4 as the car is 90% strip 10% street. In the process of putting it in right now:

You'll need:

C4 - duh
bellhousing
torque convertor
shifter
steeda or upr driveshaft spacer
flexplate
flexplate bolts
blockplate
dipstick
tranny cooler and lines

Modified trans cross member will work.

i had my first car years ago and i put alot of t5s in the car. then i just spent the money and got a tko tranny and a ford racing ds.

if you want a stick car i would do a tko tranny and put a good shifter on it and a ford racing ds. if u do a c4 u need to remove the bearning in the end of the crank

honestly, theres no sense rebuilding to stock specs. T5s suck (i dont think anyone disagrees), dont waste your money rebuilding one (or having one rebuilt if you arent mechanically inclinded to do so yourself) just to grenade one again. My advice is either get a tremec, or build a g-force t5. If your car sees anything less than 90% strip time, i also dont recommend doing a c4 conversion. IMO there is nothing more boring than an Automatic mustang.

well the car will only be driven in the summers and the car doesnt get hell all the time and its the cheapest way to go and thats the only way i can afford it thanks though