Transmission Choice - 347 build

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Hi, so I was having some issues with my t5, throw out bearing - etc.. and I sold it to a place that rebuilds them.... which helped me fund this engine build... I get my engine back friday... so I have to consider a transmission choice... thinking of tremec... and didn't sell my bell housing with the t5... wondering if that can still be used.... or is it better to just get a bellhousing with the new transmission... and will I still be able to use my stock clutch... I replaced it a few years back... but there is still alot of meat left on the clutch... .so was hoping I could just re-use it until it wears down ... then I would consider upgrading down the road... and with the tremec transmission choice... I'm not really sure what the differences are in the models of tremec.. and not sure about gear choice.. I know I will have to get a speedo gear to match the 4.10's ... so engine is 347 .. aluminum fidanza flywheel... trick flow intake and heads. ... car is a 88 convertible... will I just have to get a new crossmember... mine is brand new.... so I will probably just sell it cause I just replaced it last year...

I really am not sure about this so any gear choice advice... etc. would be awesome..

for 500 extra here or there will really not make a difference for me...

anyone know what the stock t5 input and output shafts spline's are 10 input or 26 input and output 31 ???

It says the crossmember needs to be moved back.... is that just for mounting... is the transmission still the same length...

thanks guys!!

there is tko 500 and tko 600 .82 o/d and .64 o/d

• Sponsors (?)

I have tremec tko 600. You need a bellhousing and and you will need a driveshft yoke becuase of the spline difference. My tans has the 64 o/d. i wish i got the 82 becuase i dont really need to save on fuel, it would have been a nice to keep grabbin gears. You will also prolly need to get rid of those 4:10's in the future cause the tko first gear is pretty low for my 3;73's. (watch my video in my sig). Everything in this pic of mine below from a year and a half ago was from d and d performance and shipped to my door was 2200 bucks for EVERYthing. Took 2 days to get here. Also, im not sure u may have to replace the clutch becuase of a possible spline diff. im not sure though/ i bought a king cobra clutch from d and d which was included with that price as well.
almost forgot about the crossmember question. What you do is take your cross member and have some one grind the wilds off and slide the thing all the way back towards the rear off the car and throw a couple tack welds back on. You will see what im talkin about when you take yours off. i might be able to take a pic of mine tomorrow
2007050800005eq5.jpg
2007050800004dp7.jpg

Attachments

• 2007050800005eq5.jpg
    2007050800005eq5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 89
  • 2007050800004dp7.jpg
    2007050800004dp7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 85