Transmission Help!

00s281ksu

Jan 27, 2006
I have a 2000 4.6, automatic, after normal driving of 30 minutes or so, when accelerating from a stop, the tranny will shift through all the gears one right after another before even reaching 15 to 20 miles per hour. Ending up in overdrive. I went inside a store for an hour, and drove home and it was shifting fine. I normally drive short distances but it seems this happens after extended driving. It is a saleen s-281, so the computer has been flashed, and I think the shift points might have been tweaked. I don't know if this could have anything to do with the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

if your computer has been reflashed it could be a problem. But since you say that it worked fine after you got out of the store I am a little confused.. But if you want to know for sure if it is the computer the unhook the battery for about 4-6 hours then plug it back in. This will cause all data in the computer to be reset since your last flash. If the problem still persists then you'll need to check your fluids. To me on the mechanical side it sounds as if your tranny could use some more fluids...

sorry when you said flashed I assumed that it was one on the aftermarket. As for the tranny well if your fluid is fine, and you have completely flushed it and put new fluids in then you could have peices of kevlar discs that have broken up and are causing sensors in the tranny to shift.