tremic pro shifted need help

liquidhp

Aug 2, 2007
ok i got a ? this tremic **** is new to me and i just insstalled a brand new tremic pro shifted trans to my car when im racing its fine but juast riding around town every shift sounds like the trans goin to blow up can someone help me? from 1st thru 4th the trans goes clunk but @ high rpms it does ok when racing whats the deal:stupid:

• Sponsors (?)

seams to do great

i sprayed 2 systems on it tonight out of the hole with 175 1st gear and 3rd geat 125 and no clunks....... smooth as ever buuuuuuuuuuuuuut on the way home i had to stop at a dead still just to put it in another gear it wont down shift and it clunks shifting slowly is this normal cause the way it sounds couldnt be good for tranny

Pro shifted transmissions are not meant for street use. They are designed for the racetrack and full throttle shifts. There are no synchronizer rings in a pro shifted transmission, so they do not engage smoothly at speeds less than full throttle.

The following was copied from Liberty Gear's website. Liberty is a well respected racing transmission manufacturer. See http://www.libertysgears.com/faceplate.htm

"Pro shifting and face plating serve the same basic purpose, a bigger window for engagement to prevent missed shifts. Neither are synchronized, so they make street driving difficult. Contrary to popular belief, YOU MUST USE THE CLUTCH when shifting with either system. Although it is mechanically possible to shift without the clutch, the shock load of a clutchless shift can cause severe damage to the transmission. We do manufacture a clutchless transmission with a starting price of $7580.00.

Face plating is preferred over pro shifting, but it slightly more costly (initially) than pro shifting. In the long run you will find that face plating is more cost effective due to less wear on engagement components.

With pro shifting, as the pro rings wear from normal use, they burr up and require dressing, deburring and/or replacement to maintain smooth shifting.

With face plating, the engagement lugs are on the face of the slider and the lugs also have a much larger contact area, so in the unlikely event that they burr up, it will not affect shift action. Due to the design of the shift lugs they are more durable, so longevity is increased dramatically (about three to four times longer than a pro ring) and there is virtually no chance of popping out of gear making for a much more streetable set up."

thanks

ya the tranny came from liberty so a different fluid wouldnt do better with some street driving i mean its not a daily at all but wouldnt mind driving to like car shows locally and what not...........thanks for the help ive been flipping out cause im goin to be in bristol this weekend racing and i was scared bout the tranny cause the one that came out was fine just wasnt proshifted and right now im thinkg gtrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:stupid:

i sprayed 2 systems on it tonight out of the hole with 175 1st gear and 3rd geat 125 and no clunks....... smooth as ever buuuuuuuuuuuuuut on the way home i had to stop at a dead still just to put it in another gear it wont down shift and it clunks shifting slowly is this normal cause the way it sounds couldnt be good for tranny

maybe you would be interested in trading trans with me?:D i have a g force t5 syncrod......it would be better for your street/strip use:nice: