Tri-ax is a little loud, anyone else have this issue??

• Sponsors (?)

This is definitely GOOD STUFF as I haven't replaced my shifter yet.

Which ones tend to tear the boot? All of them?

I'm leaning toward the UPR for price and looks. No snob here.

Electrical tape eh? Excellent. Use old rubber parts? Perfect!

Thanks kids!

paver1 said:
Tri-Ax definately more vibration/noise in 4th gear than Pro-5.......I traded a new Tri-Ax for a used Pro-5 with much quieter performance.......

is it normal for 4th to have more noise/vibration? i have a pro 5.0 and 4th sounds a good bit different than the other gears. ive been worried theres somethin wrong in there, but it sounds more unpleasant than dangerous

The OEM knob is much quieter than the many of the aftermarket knobs (like my fatknob, but either way, it's not a big deal). Gear whine is like V8 growl...I like it. Suprisingly, the Tri Ax handle on my 5.0 is quieter than the 50 handle on the 50 shifter - I actually thought the Tri Ax handle would generate more noise. I really think the knob you use has a lot to do with it though.

The handle is made of lightweight aluminum. I have the Pro 5.0 and switched handles to the Tri-Ax for better reach. The difference in weight causes more vibration to travel. The best thing to do is what was stated earlier is to use electrical tape around the handle. This will absorb the vibrations. Mine makes zero noise.

Give this a shot, i did this to my shifter.. I cut a piece of bicycle tire and used it like a gasket between the shifter handle and where it bolts up to the base.. Helped with nosie and with heat transfer sinc ei have the bullitt shift knob.. just cut a section about 1-1/2" long use the handle to mark where you need to punck out the bolts holes and there you have it...