Trick Flow Fuel Rail Installation

melzerkymsu

Jun 24, 2013
I recently decided to upgrade my fuel system on my 1991 LX 5.0L. I purchased the trick flow fuel TFX fuel rail kit, 30lb injectors, and a 255 lph fuel pump. I'm currently trying to install the fuel rails and fuel lines but I'm having some issues. I'm running a Edelbrock performer upper and lower intake manifold. When I mock up the system I do not see how it is possibile to make the connections back to the stock fuel lines. When you put the fittings on supply and return lines it points the fittings directly at the intake manifold. In general the AN fittings and fuel lines in the kit are fairly large and bulky which make routing the lines challenging. Finally I'm not sure where would be a good place to mount the fuel pressure regulator.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit or a similar one line the aeromotive kit. Any examples of how you plumbed / routed your system to the stock return and supply would be great.

Another option would be to get rid of the stock hard lines for the return and supply lines but that would not be my first option at this point. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I have BBK fuel rails and pressure regulator as well as the Edelbrock Performer intake. I bought new flex fuel lines with AN fittings to connect to the fuel rail.

Attachments

• A68F8740-2779-4ABD-B402-FA7A67FCABEA.jpeg
    A68F8740-2779-4ABD-B402-FA7A67FCABEA.jpeg
    581.4 KB · Views: 254
  • BE1A83DC-7625-4635-9A00-5D2EC6611539.jpeg
    BE1A83DC-7625-4635-9A00-5D2EC6611539.jpeg
    514.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 51B8C243-BC9F-4769-9B33-0A17737D2539.jpeg
    51B8C243-BC9F-4769-9B33-0A17737D2539.jpeg
    581.4 KB · Views: 224
  • DFDDD8E2-6B46-4A5D-A502-12F00A00A004.jpeg
    DFDDD8E2-6B46-4A5D-A502-12F00A00A004.jpeg
    514.6 KB · Views: 240
Here is a picture of what I'm dealing with. The supply line is supposed to T out after it connects to the stock lines but it points them directly into the intake. The return line is basically pointed directly into the intakes neck where the throttle body attaches. I could probably get the lines to route but it seem like it would be a bit ugly. Below is the link to the fuel lines / rails I purchased and there installation instructions.

Attachments

• Fuel vs Intake.jpg
    Fuel vs Intake.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 282
Here is a picture of what I'm dealing with. The supply line is supposed to T out after it connects to the stock lines but it points them directly into the intake. The return line is basically pointed directly into the intakes neck where the throttle body attaches. I could probably get the lines to route but it seem like it would be a bit ugly. Below is the link to the fuel lines / rails I purchased and there installation instructions.

Why not contact Trick Flow for their assistance? They've got to have had this issue before.

Stock fuel rails will outflow 30lb injectors on 255lph pump. Just saying, in case you give up.

Kurt
I've considered this but have some plans for the spring that would probably outflow the stock rails so I'd like to at the very least know how to get this solved for when the time comes. Plus maybe someone else will have the issue and stumble across the thread and find it helpful.

But you do have a good point in the short term.

Reactions: 1 user
Trick Flow normally has a real live person answer the phone when I've called. They've been pretty friendly as well.

Reactions: 1 users
I've considered this but have some plans for the spring that would probably outflow the stock rails so I'd like to at the very least know how to get this solved for when the time comes. Plus maybe someone else will have the issue and stumble across the thread and find it helpful.

But you do have a good point in the short term.

I think revhead should have also added that stock rails will outflow a stock block.