Engine Trick Flow! Tw's

Reddevil91

15 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
IMG_2988.jpg
IMG_2989.PNG
Ok you all so back to reality. I decided like most of everyone in here to skip the gt40Xs and spend the money right the 1st time around. So I'm going trick flow. my question is should I do 1,2 or 3. I've been leaning towards number 2 the 11r 170s but should I just say screw it and drop the extra 100 and get the 190s. I'm not real sure what the difference is between number 1 & 2. So again the car is not daily driven, just taken out of the garage for weekends and some car shows. I'm not looking for a track car just looking to vamp her up. I will be running a GT40 tubular intake, possibly the 11r 170s unless it's better to get the 190s. I am looking into a vortec V3 Si as a power adder which means I'll go with a pro m mass air and bigger injectors to match. I have a 65 TB but I'll probably go to a 70 or 75. So question #1 Which heads should I go with and besides obvious flowing differences what is the big difference between the three in the picture. #2 I currently have an F-303 cam with 1.7s. Should I keep that cam or switch to the TF stage 2, and is it possible to keep my 1.7s and some how swap them from pedestal to Stud mount with the conversion kit or just buy 1.6s?
#3 when I buy the heads would it be worth the money to buy the TF forged piston heads or is that just something to pass on and not needed.

• Sponsors (?)

I may be biased because this is what I'm doing, but if this is a weekend cruiser And you plan on using the GT40 intake, I'd go with either 1 or 2 depending on your budget.