trunk release button mod

• Sponsors (?)

I like the fact that there isn't a button. If some jackass breaks into my car he still can't get at anything in the trunk. I park my car with the top down a lot and even though my alarm has a perimeter sensor and an interior motion detector you never know if some sneaky bastard could manage to reach in and pop the trunk and get whatever I have locked in the trunk regardless of the alarm going off. I wouldn't mind doing this with a hidden button though.

I like the fact that there isn't a button. If some jackass breaks into my car he still can't get at anything in the trunk. I park my car with the top down a lot and even though my alarm has a perimeter sensor and an interior motion detector you never know if some sneaky bastard could manage to reach in and pop the trunk and get whatever I have locked in the trunk regardless of the alarm going off. I wouldn't mind doing this with a hidden button though.

This is very true. My Sable had a lock for the trunk, and I just so happened to accidentally lock the trunk the night my car got broken into. Otherwise, they could have stolen about $1500 in stereo equipment.

for those that want a different solution to gain entry into the trunk, you could buy ford part# 7L2Z 14A626-BA which retails for $85.00, enter your 5 digit code, then within 3 seconds press the 5*6 button and your trunk will open.
PA070023.jpg

Attachments

• PA070023.jpg
    PA070023.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 64
I also added the keyless entry on my door. That lets me get in the car or trunk without my key. It comes with a black cover as well as one that is primed so you can paint it to match the car. Only problem is that my body shop guy wants $100 to paint it.

I like the fact that there isn't a button. If some jackass breaks into my car he still can't get at anything in the trunk. ...

That might be true for a convertable (don't know, do the seats fold?), but for the rest of ous with coupes, they back seats could be easily folded down from inside the car, then pull the "emergency" release handle to open the trunk - that is if the theif really wanted to get in there!

Just finished installing my switch. Easy job, one problem, doesn't work! Switch is functional, checked it with an ohm meter, trunk doesn't open. Did the wiring harnesses get changed? My car is an '05, don't know what year the mod was originally done on.