Trying to cut corners/costs

The Fox

Mar 30, 2005
Port Elizabeth
I want my car done asap. I'm buying $800 +/- $50 worth of suspension. That's control arms, springs, struts, and shocks. Next thing on the list is aluminum heads and a 650 carb with mech. secondaries. I want AFR's really bad but I want this car DONE. It's been 6 months or so since I bought it and tired of not drving it. I'm pulling $600 every 2 weeks, getting a raise next week 50-75 cents more. Got 1000 in the bank now going towards the suspension and lookin to finish the car $3,000.

SO, back to my question. save like 500 more for fully loaded AFRs or go edelbrock and be happy. Both are 1.90X1.60 port sizes. I'll get the combustion chambers and more in a second...

Thanks

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

Ok with AFR I could get either 58cc or 61? and the edlebrock comes with 60cc. Prolly not a huge difference. With AFR I would get the upgraded valvesprings and upgraded valves. I don't know what I'll need to run edelbrock or how safe it would be with my 544 lift cam and 1.7 rockers lol

Anthony

The Fox said:
Ok with AFR I could get either 58cc or 61? and the edlebrock comes with 60cc. Prolly not a huge difference. With AFR I would get the upgraded valvesprings and upgraded valves. I don't know what I'll need to run edelbrock or how safe it would be with my 544 lift cam and 1.7 rockers lol

Anthony

You will most likley need to flycut your pistons with a cam that size and 1.7 rockers or switch to a 1.6 ratio, either way check your PVC. Just save for the AFR's, it will be worth it. They are very nice heads.

I don't know I have been hearing that AFR's quality has been going down hill fast(Corral.net). For the money you shell out I wouldn't expect to have to deal with those problems. I too am looking at heads too, and at this point the Eddys don't look to bad at all. Their flow numbers aren't as high as AFR, TW but they are proven performers and have a lot of meat for porting.