Trying to decide whether or not to sell the mustang

Ok guys heres the deal. I just started my new job working in manhattan and i've moved to near by Hoboken in New Jersey. My clients are primarily in the city or in the near by area; NJ, Westchester etc.

I have one parking spot at my disposal. I have a beater now, but after doing some commuting in it this week, i realize i want something better to spend my mornings/evenings driving around.

The mustang has been sitting at my parents house. Basically the only time it's driven is if i go home for the weekend, and it will be sitting for all of the winter soon for obvious reasons.

I'm not really in the position in my life to buy a nicer DD and still own the mustang. Plus it doesn't make sense to own a car that i will almost never drive. It really makes no sense to have the nicer of the two cars i own be the one that never gets driven

The problem is that im having a really hard time allowing myself to put it up for sale. I've never been so attached to a car before, but i get upset everytime i think about selling it. I've spent a lot of time and money on it and it has been my DD for the last two summers/springs.

Anybody have any experience with this type of situation? Advice?

• Sponsors (?)

i am in the same boat as you

i have 2 years left of college. i plan on getting a commuter car over the winter break this year so i can start working off campus to make some money

i can only have one car parked in the parking lot here on campus for obvious reasons so my GT will be at my parents house too.

after college i plan on moving to the Boston area to pursue doctorate work. i will NOT be bringing the GT to that city so it will stay at the parents house for that much longer

id like to sell it but i cant just sell something that I have made my own.

im in the process, i have a little one on the way and since the car is just the DD and i drive the piss out of it..ALOT, ive been looking at the g35 for my full time DD, im not a baller by any means so I cant keep the stang and the new dd. But i just cant seem to part with it !

I'd ride a bicycle to work before selling my mustang:rlaugh:

Seriously, you've put a lot of $$ into that car from the looks of it, it would be a bad idea to sell it. Look at this way: you sell it, your going to loose your @ss. You keep it, the car value will still depreciate, but at least you can enjoy it.

I say keep it.

Yea this is the dilemia i have.

The parking spot i have in jersey is in a parking garage so i'm not really worried about it getting messed up. But my girlfriend and i are more or less sharing the car and she can't drive the mustang, nor do i want her driving it. So it really can't be the car we have there. I could pay for another parking spot, but if i'm not really going to drive it, i don't want to do that.

As for a new DD, i don't plan on driving it in the city at all. Its basically there if i have to go somewhere in Jersey or in NY that is outside of the city.

I suppose i should crunch some numbers and see if maybe by next spring i can afford to upgrade the DD while keeping the mustang.

Well....if it's a matter of wanting to sell it because it wont be driven for a long time...then I would consider it. Not sure why you'd want to sell it really, if you have a second vehicle. Why don't you see if there is anyway to have both cars with you, seems to me like there should be something. I guess I don't live in New York, but only having one parking spot seems alittle weird.