TSBs, should I?

I have found the following TSBs of issues I have experienced with my vehicle:

06-19-2
8.8 LIMITED SLIP AXLE MOAN-GROAN NOISE DURING LOW SPEED TURNING MANUEVERS (SUPERCEDES 06-12-11)

Not all that big of a problem, but a bit bothersome nonetheless. Does this issue prematurely wear the part in question?

06-9-9
HESITATION ON ACCELERATION AFTER LONG CRUISE

This has only happened to me a few times, and I don't go on many long cruises. I also occassionally have the fuel empty warning after hard starts or turns when the tank is not empty.

05-10-19
INTERMITTENT CD PLAYER CONCERNS-AUDIO UNIT PROGRAMMABLE MODULE INSTALLATION (PMI) REQUIREMENTS SUPERCEDES 05-06-09

This has been a big concern here in the past, and I don't experience it all that much. How do I find out if I have the latest revision of the head unit?

NOT A TSB
Brake fluid 'leaks' out of from under the cap of the reservoir.

I find the reservoir and various parts below it coated in a fine layer of dirt/dust and fluid. I don't need brake fluid mucking up my engine bay and I certainly don't need muck in my brake system. Is this a cap problem, or is the reservoir itself at fault?

The big questions:

1. All these TSBs require a part to be replaced. Is this part a new/improved part that will ensure these problems don't happen again, and extend the life of the part/vehicle? Or is it just a replacement part? The latter would seem a poinless endeavour.

2. Am I opening the gate for more problems/disappointment down the road, perhaps caused by an incorrectly installed part, a TSB that doesn't actually fix anything, or an unsympathetic mechanic who forgets to tighten a bolt, scratches my interior/exterior, etc?

3. 15000 miles left on my warranty, should I just do it and be happy? Would my vehicle be excluded from certain repairs based on its manufacture date of 09/05?

4. I have to go in to the dealer to get an annoying rattle diagnosed. And these TSBs cannot be readily reproduced on demand at the dealer. Would they be sympathetic to repair all these issues, and my brake complaint from an earlier post all at once?

This is long, but I welcome any thoughts/experiences/discussion about these issues!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd make an attempt to have all of those issues looked at, though it's not suprising to see a little moisture around the top of a brake master cylinder.

It all depends on your dealership if they'll be responsive. I'm at the point where I'd almost rather pay out of pocket to have the problems corrected since I got screwed over by my local dealership, but if you've got a good one at the ready, I wouldn't guess you'd have much of a problem. Can't hurt to tell them what you expect and see how they'll respond.

I have the stereo issue, not so much the others. My dealer says that they have a pristine CD that they play in your head unit. In order for them to do any repair or replacement, it has to skip with that CD. Mine does it, but probably not regularly enough to meet their requirements.

I have the stereo issue, not so much the others. My dealer says that they have a pristine CD that they play in your head unit. In order for them to do any repair or replacement, it has to skip with that CD. Mine does it, but probably not regularly enough to meet their requirements.

Wow that dealer is tough... We just order a radio, we don't even bother confirming radio related problems we just install a new unit.

Wow that dealer is tough... We just order a radio, we don't even bother confirming radio related problems we just install a new unit.

I love dealers like yours. That's what my dealer here in Louisiana did. I told them about the fuel pump hesitation when passing somebody and they didn't ask any questions or try to reproduce the problem. Just fixed it for me and gave it back to me. Best customer service I've had at a dealer ever, actually.

If you have a good dealer or one that you trust, go with them. There are a few bad ones out there so just do your homework before you drop it off.

That's how my dealer did mine. (ofcourse by the time I took it in, the only thing that worked was am fm, no CD playing).

I have a question for you though, what can I do about the hesitation TSB because they drove my car and couldn't get it to do it so they couldn't do anything.

I took mine in for the auto trans leak TSB, the Ford tech said it was overfilled at the factory and pissing excess fluid out the vent tube, which is inside the trans. He said he went ahead and siliconed the bolt holes since he had it apart, but mine wasnt leaking there. Guess time will tell.

UPDATE: TSB's, should I?

I wish I had a dealer around here like 'svttech76.' I say that because of the following:

I went to the dealer (where I purchased) to explain my issues and set up a time for them to look at it. I had the TSBs in hand and explained EXACTLY what the problems are. I'm not an idiot and I know what's going on with MY car! So here's the problems I asked to be looked into:

06-19-2
8.8 LIMITED SLIP AXLE MOAN-GROAN NOISE
DURING LOW SPEED TURNING MANUEVERS (SUPERCEDES 06-12-11)
TSB says replace clutch packs... verified by turning in tight circles and listening (no miles on car!)

06-9-9
HESITATION ON ACCELERATION
AFTER LONG CRUISE
Practically impossible to verify without putting HUNDREDS of miles on the car! BUT I know it's a problem.

06-4-1
RATTLE/NOISE
FROM THE CENTER STACK (RADIO/HEATER) OF THE INSTRUMENT PANEL OR GEARSHIFT AREA
Only happens when the car is cold. Can easily be verified with instructions in TSB and a short test drive when COLD (no - or very few - miles on car!).

BRAKE FLUID 'leaking' out the top of my reservoir and dripping down onto the body in the engine bay.
Verified by opening the hood and looking at the reservoir (again, no miles on car!)

BRAKES - I had warped brakes (for some reason), so they ground the front rotors. It 'solved' the problem, but now the responsiveness of my brakes seems diminished. Like there's almost a 'dead zone' at the top of the pedal travel. I'm not happy with this, and I'd like the rotors/pads replaced.
Verified by a simple test drive (a few miles on the car!)

NOW:
Unless I'm mistaken, MOST of those are simple warranty work, and the last is a problem because of warranty work. Is warranty work not profitable?? Here's the general answer from the service dept:
"We'll have to see if we can reproduce these issues. We can't just throw parts at it."

WTF?!! Why not?
I KNOW they can't verify the hesitation TSB, and they'll probably say my brakes and reservoir are fine!...
These are legitimate problems I'm having with MY vehicle!! Why is my input not valuable?! I spent the time to find the actual FORD TSBs and all that $$$ on the car!!! I just don't want extra miles and wear and tear put on my car - and to have it out of service for who knows how long - just to find out that they can't verify something and won't fix it! (BTW, I hate leaving my car out of my posession for ANY period of time.)

Because of his response, I didn't even bother trying to discuss this TSB:
05-10-19 - INTERMITTENT CD PLAYER CONCERNS

I'm probably going to see if I can find a dealer who will try and work with me on this to see if it can be rectified with less hassle.

I'm not trying to be rude or emotional about this, I'm just a bit upset. I would like any infomed users to point out any flaw in my logic. I welcome further input!

Thanks!

they do need to be able to reprodue the brake problem. the others, they could overlook a little and help you out.

i am with you, i dont want to leave my car anywhere, so if i do drop it off, it better be fixed the FIRST time!!

BTW, warranty work does screw the tech.... i know, i have been screwed many times. :bang:

[B said:
06-4-1
RATTLE/NOISE[/B] FROM THE CENTER STACK (RADIO/HEATER) OF THE INSTRUMENT PANEL OR GEARSHIFT AREA
Only happens when the car is cold. Can easily be verified with instructions in TSB and a short test drive when COLD (no - or very few - miles on car!).

Mine was doing the exact same thing. It turned out that the (4) screws/bolts that secure the stereo unit (Shaker 500) into the dash just needed to be tightened. I did it myself and saved the agony & inconvenience of a trip to the service dept.

I had the slip differential fixed at the dealership and am glad I did. Is there any long term problems with not wanting to do it? Maybe. First possibly resale. Will Ford cover these repairs after 36000? Also a bit embarrassing to be turning the wheels and have others hear that squealing. not a major problem but I had them repair it nonetheless