Turbo kits

tag4car

Nov 21, 2005
Birmingham AL
Besides Hellion, i have been planning a supercharger , either saleen gen 4, or KB 1.7-2.1, But before i commit i would like to see more of the turbo kits out there, So if you know of a Mfg or kit i would appreciate a link

thx

joey:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

i would stay away from the saleen kits, they are a rip off.. get a kenne bell!

I remember someone posting a turbo kit, although it was just the turbo and all the piping it was around 2500$ and seemed to look pretty good!

Downpipe: 3" - does not connect to h-pipe or cat back.
You need to make your own hot side I think.

* Not recomended for lowered cars *

These two things bother me the most about this kit.

Downpipe: 3" - does not connect to h-pipe or cat back.
You need to make your own hot side I think.

* Not recomended for lowered cars *

These two things bother me the most about this kit.

this is because you're using your stock K-memeber and that downpipe cant go above the k-member in between the engine like you can with a tubular. They provide a hotside but it obviously wont just bolt on to your exhaust which would be two pipes that are quite far apart. Because it goes under the K-member and it's 3" it hangs lower than most.

certainly helps to have a tubular k-member tho:
DividedBottom500.jpg

JamesUnderside500.jpg

turboandcoolant500long.jpg

Attachments

• DividedBottom500.jpg
    DividedBottom500.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 29
  • JamesUnderside500.jpg
    JamesUnderside500.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 54
I was just recently turned on to these guys http://www.torktech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=2 for 2V supercharging applications. The kit either utilizes an 5th GEN Eaton M112 for their base set up, or one of the new TVS 1900 series for the heavy hitter. Pretty much perfect for a 2V set up.

The price is certainly right and they really seem to be a nice kit. One more option for you to ponder

I was just recently turned on to these guys http://www.torktech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=2 for 2V supercharging applications. The kit either utilizes an 5th GEN Eaton M112 for their base set up, or one of the new TVS 1900 series for the heavy hitter. Pretty much perfect for a 2V set up.

The price is certainly right and they really seem to be a nice kit. One more option for you to ponder

that's pretty sweet, it's about time. Wish you could substitute a used eaton in there and buy the rest of the stuff needed.

that's pretty sweet, it's about time. Wish you could substitute a used eaton in there and buy the rest of the stuff needed.

I hear ya. Considering they're going for anywhere from $200-$500 on EBay, it would certainly cut a pile out of the cost. But even still, it's a lot more reasonably priced than any other kit I've seen. :)

I like the fact that comes with a real fuel system upgrade (42lb/hr injectors and high flow fuel pump...not a 36lb/hr injectors and a boost-a-pump like Kenne Bell), a large dual bore inlet and throttle body and matching high flow intake and an 8-rib pulley system as standard equipment. That alone is more of a selling feature for me over any of the otherkits on the market. :nice:

I had to piece all that stuff together on my own for my set up. :(