TwEECer R/T Tuning Help on 96 GT... Take a Look...

WA2FAST

Aug 13, 2001
Birmingham, MI
Hello there, I need help with tuning a 96' GT in a few different areas. It's a 96' GT 5-speed, TwEECer R/T for tuning, PI Intake, PI Cams, P1SC @ 10psi, 3 core intercooler, lots of other stuff... I have a few things I would like to "fix" in the tune and the car's general attitude. We just swapped out the cams and intake on it, we got the kit from Livernois Motorsports with the plates... the NPI heads are ported and the plates have been port matched to them. Everything is together and needs the final tune. I need to know what the intake manifold volume is for a PI intake and I need the injector timing table for sure for a 99+ 2v Mustang as well so that the injector timing events are correct. These are my general questions...

1) What is the PI Intake Manifold volume?
2) What is the injector timing table on a 99+ 2V Mustang (PI Cam'd car's injector timing table)?
3) How do I get the throttle hang to go away so that it acts more like a A9L car (5L Mustang)?
4) How do I get the "popping and backfiring" to go away while decellerating... is it timing on the bottom row of load maybe?

I would greatly appreciate some help... I've been looking for the TwEECer forums to come back up and they haven't yet and I need to get this car tuned and working good. Any help here is greatly appreciated. Thanx guys!

• Sponsors (?)

The Tweecer guys have a forum where they post the tables and have downloads where you can download the code for you particular setup...assuming of course someone has an indentical setup and they have taken the time to post it.

I downloaded a trail of the software...The Tweecer setup is really awesome never seen anything with flexablity that Tweecer software gives. The real time data logging is awesome. Real Fast and Furious stuff...being able to tweak the tune on the fly. Only down side is that they dont have the software for all years and all ECC yet. I have an 2002 they are supposed to be completing the 2002 code soon.

I'm actually pretty familiar with the yahoo groups, just not a fan of the layout, I may end up going over there too... but I know that there are a few of the TwEECer guys on this board as well. The TwEECer is awesome, I've had mine for a couple of years now, the learning curve is very steep yes, but I've had great success tuning with them, just that different strategies have different personalities and different things are locked and unlocked from one to another.