Twisted Frame ?!?!

10secgoal

Dec 1, 2003
San Diego
I just noticed something 2 weeks ago. One side of my car sits higher than the other by 1/2 an inch!!! O.K. New landrum drag springs, sub-frames, South Side Machine lift bars and shocks. I never did notice it before. It's all been installed for about a year. It's not the springs, I took them off, they are the same hieght. Then switched them and installed. STILL the 1/2 inch difference on the same side. The lift bars are not tightened up, the bushings are fine. I even disconnected the shocks just in case. I've heard sometimes cars sag to one side with old or blown shocks. Still the same answer. Is the chassis twisted ? The doors line up fine, no wrinkles in the roof,and it is a CA car the sat in the mojave desert for AT LEAST 15 years, so no major rust. What else could it be ? If it's the frame, where are the two best points to measure. I don't want to pay someone to overcharge me to look at it. I've already been ripped of once since I moved here. :shrug: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

The quickest way to check is to take a piece of chalkline with out the chalk, or some other kind of stout string and pick 3 points on the chassie, anchor the string in a point central to the other two points and messure the distance to the two points. Do it in a few major places on the frame. Like spring mounting locations, frame rails ect. I would be willling to say that your problem is proably worn suspension parts, coil spring perches, coil sprin itself, leaf spring ect ect. You said you swapped them sides and it still was sitting crooked, Does the problem look like it is the rear of the car or front ? My money would be on worn shackles or bushings or something along those lines. But just check your frame rails out real good and see if they look like there is a problem lurking there. A 1/2 is not that big of a deal really unless it just bothers you personally. Hope you find out what it is