Ughhh Gt or V-6 Convert?

What should i do?

• V6 convert 5 speed now?

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Gt coupe in a few more months (maby more)

Votes: 34 89.5%

• Total voters

Sanctus

May 17, 2005
Trabuco Canyon
I know i realyl want the Gt but lately i ahve been driving my dads manual v6 convert and the rag top is an extreamly cool feature here in so cal. And i was just wondering, do i need all that power? i mean i would prefer it but what do you think? I have been ordered clean and unscheduled for a number of months now and actually since aprill when i was an 05 order which rolled over to an 06. and so i am still clean and unscheduled witch is very depressing. I would not expect to see this before christmas or almost at all at this rate. I mean the dora has a few dozen layers of dust on it and im still not even serialized. if i had a build date this would be a easier decision but i have no idea when this car is going to come in. so i guess i could just pick up a v6 convertable and just have some fun with the car. but i would like to get my gt i just dont think its almost ever going to happen. and i bet your thinking im just being impatient, but this is looking like it is going to take somewhere around 10 or even 11 months at the current rate from the time we ordered to time we actually recieve it. My ford dealer has not been encouraging. they have just said, its comes when it comes... and they have no info besides for it being c/u. and it is a relativly large dealer and i had a priority in the high 20's so i just dont know. what would you guys do?

V-6 convert now....

Or

Gt Coupe (maby in december or januaryish)

• Sponsors (?)

I'm guessing that this will tick some people off, but you asked for opinions.........

Wait for the GT. Sure, the convertible is cool (I've kept my '92 for all of these years), but a Mustang is a Mustang, and it should have a V8. Do you really need the extra power you ask? YES, you do. And you do so because of the heritage that comes with it. You also need it for the occasional guy in the right lane beside you, who will be driving an import and revving his engine at your little V6, heavy convertible and all. And, remember that you're having to wait sooo long to get the GT because of the car that it is; you will see many, many V6 models on the road; coupes, convertibles, even the rentals that the old farts will drive for fun.

The V6 is still a nice car if not a great car; none-the-less, do yourself a favor and WAIT FOR THE GT.

Just my opinion.

thanks guys i appreaciate the input. i guess i should wait for the gt no matter how long it takes.. and ill just remember "nothing of value has ever been done in haste" i dont know who said that.. or if anyone ever said that.. so maby i made that saying up i dunno. haha thanks for the opinions

Power4 said:
You could always get a convertible GT if you could wait long enough and have enough money :shrug:

haha no no no thats outta the question. we have some money but we are cutting it close getting the Gt at z plan. so 4k more for a convert just isnt possible unfortunatly. Im kinda glad it is outta the question tho. i mean if i got a gt convert, then what would there be to look forward to? good things come in time, you gotta have some inspiration to upgrade later on down the line.

--Sy

Sanctus said:
haha no no no thats outta the question. we have some money but we are cutting it close getting the Gt at z plan. so 4k more for a convert just isnt possible unfortunatly. Im kinda glad it is outta the question tho. i mean if i got a gt convert, then what would there be to look forward to? good things come in time, you gotta have some inspiration to upgrade later on down the line.

--Sy

Hang in there. Good things come to those who wait. Blah blah. It'll just be more worth it. Or go some where else :shrug: . I know how you feel almost....I can't frickin wait!

No contest.

Mustang GT > Mustang V6 vert

It is an easy choice for me since there is something about the roofline of the verts that I don't like. They just don't look as sleak and aggressive as the coupes. Granted they are fun, but I think a V8 is a lot more fun then a V6 with a drop top.

I don't want to dash your hopes sanctus, I was at the dealership today and the salesman told me that 06GT's with Manual Tranny and 18" wheels are in critical shortage. He said Ford is limiting the numbers of GT, Manuals and 18" wheels. The dealership had a pile of v6,v6 verts (About 5 of Each) and 4 GT's all Auto's. (None of these were moving very fast)
So your trying to get the most popular choice.
I was able to get my car (actually exact same as yours) back in April... I just kept hounding the salesman until he rammed my order through back in June.
Trust me though it is worth the wait.... The new fanblades go perfectly with the tungsten color. The inner part of the blade has metallic flakes that look like the tungsten paint color.
The waiting game is hard though,,, but worth it in the end.... Your dad will be jealous when yours comes in.
CHCPMAN

I usually rag the guys that say a Mustang HAS to have a V8 to be a Mustang. That seems kind of narrow-minded to me, because I'd like everyone to like their 'stang, whether it has a V6 or V8. However, I do like the V8 myself, and if I can afford one, I'll get it. There's just something about it. It's not just a car with a bigger motor in it. It seems to become a different beast. It may just be all in my mind, but at least something's in there! :D

Szlachcic said:
No contest.

Mustang GT > Mustang V6 vert

It is an easy choice for me since there is something about the roofline of the verts that I don't like. They just don't look as sleak and aggressive as the coupes. Granted they are fun, but I think a V8 is a lot more fun then a V6 with a drop top.

Gotta disagree with ya' Szlachcic, the vert rocks :D , but you have great taste in color :nice: Still watching for your ride around town.

I have the best of both worlds - GT vert. My personal opinion would be to wait for the GT. I would not get a V-6. I chose to pay MSRP and get the car I want now (well, two month wait). I could have used x-plan and gotten one some undetermined time in the future or taken one off the lot (someone settled for one from the lot - wrong colors wrong transmission wrong accessories and bragged that he got a great deal because he saved so much).

That said, I got the car that would make me happy and each person has to get what makes them happy.

If you are happy with the V-6, get one, there are plenty to choose from and they are selling at invoice (at least here in NC) The pony package looks awesome and there are tons on the lot.