Update on my 95 stang

RemoW2112

Apr 18, 2005
Want to say thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and help.

These are the mods I knew about.
x302 heads
e303 cam
93 Cobra intake
K&N air filter
Trick flow elbow
BBK shorty headers

Turns out thanks to the 511 code and someones suggestion on here I discovered that it had a custom chip. It does not appear that the custom chip was designed for this car. My best guess is a 93 Cobra since that is donor car for the mods.

Did a whole bunch of searching and could not find any place that told me if I could just remove the custom chip and reinstall the computer. Finally found someone who posted about installing a chip and they never said anything about pulling one out. So to heck with it. I plugged it in and fired the car up.

Viola! The car is running a ton better Idle is now stable and the rocking of the engine is almost gone. It is still rocking a little. Car pulls hard now in all gears and the hanging idle is gone. Still getting a putt out the passenger side exhaust maybe I can hunt that down tomorrow. I also ran codes and it came back clean.

So for anyone searching. You can just pull the chip and put the computer back. It will leave a large rectangle hole at the top and I covered that with duct tape. Keep dust, dirt, etc out. Make sure you disconnect the negative battery cable first.

Hope this helps someone else.

Dan...

• Sponsors (?)