Upgradability of the Saleen supercharger?

For positive displacement superchargers I'm leaning toward the Saleen. I'm not really a Saleen fan per se, but I just like the compact design and not having to install a big intercooler. Oh, and I think it has the best sound The downside is, at some point I'll want more boost out of it. When that happens, I'm a little concerned about the integrated intercooler..thinking it's maybe too small?

So my thinking was that when that time comes, I could perhaps spray methanol. But I've heard that horsepower gains from spraying the Snow kit into an intercooler aren't very big, because of some kind of vaporization issue. Do you think this would also be true with the Saleen's integrated water-to-air intercooler?

I guess adding Nitrous would be another option.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I just went all engineer bench racer and spreadsheeted a bunch of positive displacement supercharger kits. I think I've changed my own mind. For the buck, you really can't beat the Whipple numbers. It's the only good kit I see that includes a real fuel pump for the same price as the rest. It also seems to do much better at keeping up with the torque than either the Saleen or the Kenne Bell. The only thing I don't like about it is the PCM setup, but there's always the "tuner kit" from Whipple and a nice fuel setup.

Well I just went all engineer bench racer and spreadsheeted a bunch of positive displacement supercharger kits. I think I've changed my own mind. For the buck, you really can't beat the Whipple numbers. It's the only good kit I see that includes a real fuel pump for the same price as the rest. It also seems to do much better at keeping up with the torque than either the Saleen or the Kenne Bell. The only thing I don't like about it is the PCM setup, but there's always the "tuner kit" from Whipple and a nice fuel setup.

Don't keep the Ford tuner they give you. I've heard a few stories of it running lean. I'd get it installed and get a custom dyno tune on a Predator tuner or a SCT XcalII.