Upgrading to 73mm front brakes

Mavrick

Founding Member
Aug 29, 2002
Collingwood, ON
I have been researching on the corral for the past week or so, and buying parts for my 73mm front caliper upgrade.

Here's my parts list..

Calipers - $60
94/95 GT MC - $60
Rotors - $90
Pads - $40
3-2 Conv. - $40 or so (havn't bought yet)
Bearings - $65
4L of Fluid - $25 or so

All parts are brand new, and calipers were semi loaded with hardware. Grand total of $380 for a 73mm front brake setup. Prices are Canadian obviously.. $280 or so USD.

Just wanted to let everyone know how much this costs, and all the parts you will need. If i'm missing anything, let me know.

I'll be installing all this once i get my ball joints, and 3-2 conv. from Matt90GT.

• Sponsors (?)

Nope you need the 3-2 conversion with the new master cylinder. Stock MC has 3 ports, one for each front wheel and one for the rear wheels. New MC's have two ports, one for front wheels and one for rears.

Hence 3-2 conversion.

I just learned all this, i was thinking the same thing you were a couple days ago.

I know you need the conversion with the new 2 port MC but you didn't list it on your first post. I thought you were sticking with the stock MC. I'm doing the 73mm front and rear calipers tomorrow. I've got my kit and brake handle from Matt. He answered all my emails and was very helpful.

My price list:

tc rear end: 175
(I removed the brake parts and sold the gear and housing for $100 bucks)
MC & booster: 55 (ebay)
91 Crown vic police calipers: 60
Matt's stuff: 60 shipped (fittings, 3-2 conv, ebrake handle)
rear caliper brackets: 150 shipped
parking brakes cables: 60 shipped
ss brake lines: 75 shipped (not really needed)
New Hawks pads front and back w/ steel caliper sleeve: 200 shipped (not really needed)
adj. valve: 40 summit
ford plug: 10

I might be forgetting something.