v6 mileage

03silverv6

Feb 3, 2006
MA
i have a v6 and plan to drive it till it dies. i was woundering what is the most miles people have seen on a v6 stang and how many years they have seen them last. I'm talkin without replacing or restoring the entire car, just normal treatment.

• Sponsors (?)

Your V6 engine will make it close to 400,000 miles. I knew a guy who owned a 92 Mustang 4 cylinder hatchback with a manual transmission. His car had over 368,000 with both the original engine and the original transmission in it. He changed everything that was wear and tear items on the car like the oil and oil filter every 3,000 miles, the muffler, brakes, clutch, radiator, tires, ect. The engine and the transmission were both 100% original. At 368,000 original miles, his Mustang was burning 1 quart of oil every 500 miles. The car was starting to rust because it was driven for so many winters up in the northeast where they use salt on the roads. He ended up trading it in for another car.

So to answer your question. Your car can reach 350,000 to 400,000 miles if you take care of it and maintain it well.

Are you serious?! I want to see some pictures of your Stang!

I have around 100,000 on mine, and it's running like a champ. Finally just switched to some Mobile 1 synthetic oil!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how long it will last me. It's been really good to me.