P1132 and p1152

Nightmare_GT

Jan 6, 2024
Texas
03 gt built motor, Vortech V3, return style fuel system so no FRPS or FPDM. Tuned by Manny at HPP. Washed the motor a couple of weeks ago now I have those issues. I’ve washed the motor a hundred times and never had a problem till now. I did find water in cylinder #4 so I blew it out.

I’ve been chasing this issue for the last 2 weeks.

So far I have…

Replaced 02 sensors with cheap Amazon ones. I have since ordered Motorcraft sensors to see if they resolves it.

Pulled rear harness and cleaned terminals checked connections.

Replaced a broken 02 sensor connector bank 1

Done multiple data logs and data looks fine after I replaced the 02 connector.

Clean mass air

Oil smells of gas

Smoked tested twice for vacuum leaks. None found.

How do you test for a leaking injector? All I got left is to replaced the coils and plugs but I doubt that’s the issue. Car runs fine but the CEL will come on 10-40 miles after I clear it.

I did find a loose connector under the induction tube(black connector)when I pulled on it separated. I cleaned the connections and tape it together along with many of the other connectors on the 02 sensor harness to make sure they don’t loosen up.

I’ve also noticed that it seems to run leaner when cruising. Around 16-18 part throttle.

Any help on where to check to solve this would be appreciated.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I attached a couple of pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2490.jpeg
    IMG_2490.jpeg
    621.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2449.jpeg
    IMG_2449.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 43
Replaced the plugs and COPs. Old plugs looked fine. Check mass air and cleaned it again. Oil smelled of fuel so Ill be changing it after I fix the issue. Waiting on the Motorcraft 02 sensors then Ill be using a scan tool and data logging to diagnose the car. Hopefully all these parts will fix the issue.

Reactions: 1 user
The fact that both banks are affected/throwing the code - check MAF via datalog and even the main wiring harness (I think it’s passenger side firewall and has an 8mm bolt) make sure that :poo: is dry

Reactions: 1 user
Installed new Motorcraft 02 sensors and the my AFR still shows lean on the drivers side. Doesn't seem like the new 02s fixed anything. I went ahead and ordered a new MAF because Ive ruled out everything else at this point. Ive checked the wiring and connections 100x. I went as far as removing the rear harness and removing some the loom to inspect the wiring. Ill go over it again this weekend to see if there is anything that would cause this.

I did find moisture on the mass air wires when I took apart the loom and tape. I’m not sure is this is the cause. It was definitely wet. I dried it out and taped it all back up. I wet over the connections again and took the wires out of the factory loom but didn’t find any moisture.
I changed the evap purge valve and cleaned the injectors. New mass air will be here tomorrow so maybe it all this work and new parts will fix the issue. If it doesn’t then I’m looking to buy a replacement engine and transmission wiring harness.
IMG_2594.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2593.jpeg
    IMG_2593.jpeg
    582.4 KB · Views: 32
I did find moisture on the mass air wires when I took apart the loom and tape. I’m not sure is this is the cause. It was definitely wet. I dried it out and taped it all back up. I wet over the connections again and took the wires out of the factory loom but didn’t find any moisture.
I changed the evap purge valve and cleaned the injectors. New mass air will be here tomorrow so maybe it all this work and new parts will fix the issue. If it doesn’t then I’m looking to buy a replacement engine and transmission wiring harness.
IMG_2594.jpeg
I hope that’s it!

Is that knicks in the green with red stripe wire?

I hope that’s it!

Is that knicks in the green with red stripe wire?
Some sickly residue from the electrical tape. I did get into the blue wire a bit with the razor blade but it didn’t expose the wire. I hope that was it as well because if this new mass air doesn’t fix my issues I’m buying a replacement engine and transmission wiring harness.

Changed the mass air and reset the KAM. Car is relearning everything so time will tell. My AFRs while cruising are back to normal but my chop chop of my cams is gone. I’ve been told they will come back after the computer relearns.

The chop never came back after 20 miles with the new mass air so I swapped my original mass air back in and didn’t unplug the battery. Cars cammed idle came back and the AFRs while cruising are back to normal. Maybe the water on the wires to the mass air was the problem? Maybe the cheap O2 sensors or resetting the KAM? Idk anymore. For now it’s running like it should but I’ll update this thread later when I put some more miles on it. Next week I may fix the exhaust leak by installing new gaskets.