V6 quarter mile times

mystang94gt

Jun 14, 2004
Bay Area, CA
Hey guys, this is my first time in the 3.8 forum but I was looking at some of your threads and it looks like some of you have some pretty hot 6 bangers. I just wanted to get an idea of what kind of times you guys are running. So if you've been to the track let me know how you did. Stock, slightly mod'd or extremely mod'd if you've ran it I wanna hear about it. Thanks :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Well I am sure a few guys here have some respectable times, but in all honesty if you want to see some V6 timeslips take a trek on over to www.v6power.net and skim their timeslip list. Alot of good times over there, and alot of good info as well. Maybe if we ever get my friggin tune nailed down and can chase down some of the bugs, I'll have some times to share one day. :(

atlblue2000 said:
Well I am sure a few guys here have some respectable times, but in all honesty if you want to see some V6 timeslips take a trek on over to www.v6power.net and skim their timeslip list. Alot of good times over there, and alot of good info as well. Maybe if we ever get my friggin tune nailed down and can chase down some of the bugs, I'll have some times to share one day. :(
even with your setup you should be about 13.4 with slicks on a good day. that's about where i am with similar power on a good day.

average day about 13.7-14.2 @100mph

cobra232 said:
on a good day...

With the little troubles that keep popping up, I am still waiting for that "good day". :p I just know that where it stands now I am not super confident racing it yet. I want to track down this bucking/hesitation problem first.

I've scene the 99+ models with 5 speeds tag in the 9's at a local 1/8th mile track which is about 14's in 1/4th. I don't think they are stock though. Working in a shop I would say they are pretty decent. Probally the most underrated cars out there. V6-auto-convertable, well your SOL.