V6 Speedo 120mph tops

blasterx

May 19, 2003
GA, USA
Well, now with my chip installed, I decided to go all out on a nice empty strech of road and found myself reaching 120mph and I kept going...
I dont know how fast I was going because.. well it tops out at 120.
Anyone know if I can install a GT speedo or a second one that will go higher?
And how do you go about doing that?

• Sponsors (?)

can you yes. will it be accurate no. you can get another chip (the one you have in now may work also) but it will reset the rate at which the speedo moves.

in conclusion. yes you can put a 200mph saleen speedo on it. yes if you do go 200 mph, you will get caught eventually and you will be spending a while in jail

I'm not certain about the difference in the model year's speedos, but if you have a digital odo, there is a way you can get it into the diagnostic test and have it show your speed beyond 120mph. I think it is good upto 300mph, like we can go that fast with bolt ons...well, if you bolt on a JATO rocket then you could top out the digital spedo, but won't be able to live to tell about it.

blah blah blah what the hell'd you just say?

even if they radio to their buddies you can evade them cus if you got enough hp to go 200 you can get away fairly easy, i've outrun a cop in my little v6... a car that can go 200 would have no problem

97v6Silver said:
blah blah blah what the hell'd you just say?

even if they radio to their buddies you can evade them cus if you got enough hp to go 200 you can get away fairly easy, i've outrun a cop in my little v6... a car that can go 200 would have no problem

That could work out. But, I'm thinking that if you do manage 150mph+ on a street road, you would be eazy to notice. And worth enough to get a helicopter and about 20 cop cars involved in your nice sunday drive. In the end, just go to a race track if you have a car that goes 200mph.

well there are about a dozen or two cops around here with mustang GT's, they are undetectable to the trained eye. me or any of my friends. me and my friend were in a grocery store here one day and saw the cop getting out of one we're like man we know you arent supposed to tell us but we love stangs, how fast have these babies gone? he said they took one up to 175 one time but never maxed it out.....both of our jaws dropped. the only distinguishing marks are dark tint on the windows......whew thats a dead giveaway!