Vehicle history report.

glitch1985

May 15, 2005
Northern VA
Well i've had my v6 for almost two months now. I know it's a little late to be checking but i'm curious what a vehicle history report would show me about my car. I know it's been owned in atleast two other states just from the trash i've found while cleaning. VIN is 1FAFP40402F157419 Feel free to email it to me at glitch1985@gmail or just post it up here, whatever is more convienent for you.

• Sponsors (?)

From my experience, these reports don't show a whole lot. For example, in December 2000 I locked up my brakes on a wet road, slid into the back of a Dodge Caravan at 45mph, fired both airbags, and it took the insurance company $7000 to repair it, though the title is clean. So about 6 months after I got the car back from the shop, I bought one of these reports and guess what? No mention of the accident. Surely they don't only report stuff that changes the listing of a title? And I had my work done at a Ford dealer, not some tiny body shop that didn't report it. So as far as I'm concerned, those reports are a waste of money.

you're almost better off to try contacting the previous owners and talk to them. I had the benefit of being a cop and being able to run the VIN on my car before buying. The previous owner didn't have any wrecks or speeding tickets, so I was good with it

I could be wrong but I think the only things that show up on these reports are the accidents that were reported to the DMV. (I'm sure EVERYBODY reports theirs right.......?) Again, I may be wrong but that's my theory.

doc4444 said:
I could be wrong but I think the only things that show up on these reports are the accidents that were reported to the DMV. (I'm sure EVERYBODY reports theirs right.......?) Again, I may be wrong but that's my theory.

I think accidents that are reported to the insurance company. If so, then my accident won't show up on a vehicle history report. Wait, what accident? :D