Vert motor delete?

Has anyone ever though about this?

The only problem I can see is that I'd have to put the top up and down manually? The reason I'm thinking about this is b/c when I have my board in the car, it fits perfectly from rear window to front window with maybe an inch of clearance (~6'2" board).

If I deleted the motor, I could pull the back seat out (rear seat delete maybe), cut off or hindge the back of the trunk molding and have an inside accessible trunk like the coupes...

Good idea/bad idea? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i would not cut the seat-to-trunk wall - there will be a deal of structural integrity lost. were you to box the cut in, that might be different.....

as for the delete, that should work (ive read of guys disconnecting the linkage when something goes south and they operate the top manually).

good luck.

donjohn said:
the seat-to-trunk wall (behind the motor on the trunk side) is a thin piece of plastic/fiberglass that is really flimsy, i'm not sure if you've got a vert or not, but i'm sure there's not much structurally relying on that :nice:
oops, my bad. i have a fox vert. i have some decent-gauge sheetmetal back there (covered with carpet and plastic).

i wonder how they can get away with so little back there on SN's - interesting. thanks for the correction and good luck with the project. :nice: