Vortech supercharger Question

89five0

Nov 28, 2003
I have a 89 gt slightly modified, regular bolt ons and i was wondering if the vortech supercharger would work well on a street apllication for a daily driver and also if it will handle some runs at the track. What is the best place to buy this setup? I need larger Fuel injectors right? what size? anything else? Thanks, also what kind of hp will i see with the SC and BBk shorty headers, matching h_pipe w/cats, and American thunder flows? thanks
Trey

• Sponsors (?)

you should see over 300fwhp exhasut will only mean that much more. you might be able to squeak out with 19lber's running 5-6lbs of boost but if you make it to 10 which with a vortech sc-trim/anderson power pipe and 7" crank wheel isnt hard to do then......................that is a bit much bout to do the same thing as you www.superchargersforless.com has the complete sc-trim kit for 1600 something by far the cheapest.

i have the Sc-trim with about 12psi (unsure haven't went full out yet due to 19lb injectors) And it's completly streetable, i love it!! never had problems form 80 degree weather to 0 degree. i also made a custom power pipe so that helps it flow a bit, but all and al its a great kit, and very reliable/streetable :nice:

The SC trim is theupgraded version of the A-trim, basicly can't afford an s-trim, then the SC is what you want. It also will be able to spin faster. but needs to spin faster for boost. they both will produce the boost, just have to spin different speeds to generae the boost. it really depends on what you want. both are great impellers, and very reliable.

According to Vortech...the SC-Trim is suppose to run off stock compenents...I believe it comes with an external fuel pump...I may be wrong...has been a while...but you would need to run the FMU...I personally hate the FMU and would suggest to step up to 36# injectors in stead and get a calibrated MAF...the SC-Trim is a very efficient blower...