wanna trade cars?? black GT or tripple black GT convert wanted!

Hard to tell from pics, but I will say that interior shot does make it look bad... Might be the angle, camera, or dirt, but its not flattering.

A guy I know is selling a 93 notch, with a TFS top end kit, cowl hood, same color, with a grey interior. Car is in very nice shape and hes asking $6000 I believe. $9500 might be pushing it for a V8 coversion carb car, but hey if you get it, then awesome!

• Sponsors (?)

not to be rude but i didnt ask you what you think my car is worth, i asked if any1 was interested on a trade. unless you know what my car is or have seen it in person or driven in it dont pass on you 2bit information, around here you cant touch a halfway decent mustang for under $6,000 and even then you will get a half beat down ragged out POS with over 100,000 miles. ur right you dont see any after market mods, thats the way its ment to be.

Hey you put a post up like this it doesnt matter what is asked, people will throw their opinions out there. The thing is where we live your cars worth $6000, therefor if I had a black/black GT vert I would give you what its worth OUT HERE not what its worth over there, I dont live there. Therefore all these claims are legit to each persons area. Seems to me what people are saying is valid. If you want $9500, sell it locally, if you want trades from all over, your going to have to sell it much cheaper!

My .02!

306stroker said:
not to be rude but i didnt ask you what you think my car is worth, i asked if any1 was interested on a trade. unless you know what my car is or have seen it in person or driven in it dont pass on you 2bit information, around here you cant touch a halfway decent mustang for under $6,000 and even then you will get a half beat down ragged out POS with over 100,000 miles. ur right you dont see any after market mods, thats the way its ment to be.

Wanna see a 9500.00 car look at my car. You will never get 9500.00 out of yours and noone would trade a 9500.00 car for yours. just the way it is.

ur car is not bad might be worth $9,500 but a GT is a dime a dozen,its nothing special and all that money you put in it and everything it sure does look pretty but then again big deal i can go look at cars like yours all day long at local car shows but not a notchback. pretty funny you got alot of the same stuff in your car but urs is worth more hmm not in my area

306stroker said:
around here you cant touch a halfway decent mustang for under $6,000 and even then you will get a half beat down ragged out POS with over 100,000 miles. ur right you dont see any after market mods, thats the way its ment to be.

For $5,800 I bought my car stock as a rock with the dist boot cover, air silencer, working vanity lights, working stock ashtray door, 6 pony wheels (2 with studded snow tires), all paperwork of all work done at the dealer, dealer installed keyless entry, brand new stock exhaust.

Around you? Thats great, your on the internet, not everyone is "Around you"....Sell it locally if its worth 9,500$ on your planet.

306stroker said:
ur car is not bad might be worth $9,500 but a GT is a dime a dozen,its nothing special and all that money you put in it and everything it sure does look pretty but then again big deal i can go look at cars like yours all day long at local car shows but not a notchback. pretty funny you got alot of the same stuff in your car but urs is worth more hmm not in my area

My gt a dime a dozen. Probably so. HOWEVER 4 cyc notches are even easier to find. And super easy to convert to a v8. The problem with your car is it was a 4 cyc and was converted cheaply to a v8. If you would have taken the time to convert it to efi and do it up right. You possibly might get what you wanted out of it. Its a nice car but I have saw alot nicer Factory v8 built notches sell for less. The problem is you are blinded by the emotions attached to the car and you cant see it for what it really is. And for what its worth I only have 7k invested in my dime a dozen gt. And I am in your area just south of you. If you truly want to know what your car is worth. Put it on ebay with a high reserve and see what it actually bids too. Then there will be no more need for this conversation. I am not trying to come off as rude or argumentative. Im almost 35 yrs old. I am just giving my honest opinion. My car has alot more money invested into it than I could sell it for. The prior owner gave me a book full of reciepts totaling close to 15k. Id be lucky to get 9500.00 out of it if I sold it. Like I said I only have 7k in it so this shows you the resale value on our cars.

4 cyl conversion to carb V8
whack.gif

never going to see $9,500

5.0Droptop said:
My gt a dime a dozen. Probably so. HOWEVER 4 cyc notches are even easier to find. And super easy to convert to a v8. The problem with your car is it was a 4 cyc and was converted cheaply to a v8. If you would have taken the time to convert it to efi and do it up right. You possibly might get what you wanted out of it. Its a nice car but I have saw alot nicer Factory v8 built notches sell for less. The problem is you are blinded by the emotions attached to the car and you cant see it for what it really is. And for what its worth I only have 7k invested in my dime a dozen gt.

I argree, around my area it is becomeing more common to find 4cyl to V8 conversions cause alot of the 5.0 stuff is already beat to death. That being said, if you dont take the time to go with the EFI set up that drop the price around here. Especially if it is driven over 5000 miles a year because of new and tougher emmissions laws. Generally it seems like the conversion cars carry a lower price.

just4bob50 said:
I argree, around my area it is becomeing more common to find 4cyl to V8 conversions cause alot of the 5.0 stuff is already beat to death. That being said, if you dont take the time to go with the EFI set up that drop the price around here. Especially if it is driven over 5000 miles a year because of new and tougher emmissions laws. Generally it seems like the conversion cars carry a lower price.

They normally do carry a lower price. But you get a decent car with nice mods for the money. And an added benifit is its vin is 4 cyc so you can save money on insurance costs as well.

i didnt build the car myself so i didnt choose if it was EFI or carb, my car isnt a daily driver or close to it the car is hardly streetable. i drive it to the local car meets and in the cruises and mostly other then that its more of a track car. it runs very consistant and very strong, i also have over 9k in reciets and i only have a little over half of them and not including the car. im not looking to get $9,500 for the car i would just like to get something a bit closer to my car then stock, a stock car isnt worth a trade for my car at all 2 me unless it has under 60k miles on it. there is nothing on my car that is from the 4cyl eccept for the vin #, the whole car including the suspension, the 306 longrod engine, the TKO500, the detroit locker rearend, MAC exhaust, and alot of ford racing products in the car is no where near a 4cyl

306stroker said:
i didnt build the car myself so i didnt choose if it was EFI or carb, my car isnt a daily driver or close to it the car is hardly streetable. i drive it to the local car meets and in the cruises and mostly other then that its more of a track car. it runs very consistant and very strong, i also have over 9k in reciets and i only have a little over half of them and not including the car. im not looking to get $9,500 for the car i would just like to get something a bit closer to my car then stock, a stock car isnt worth a trade for my car at all 2 me unless it has under 60k miles on it. there is nothing on my car that is from the 4cyl eccept for the vin #, the whole car including the suspension, the 306 longrod engine, the TKO500, the detroit locker rearend, MAC exhaust, and alot of ford racing products in the car is no where near a 4cyl

You dont seem to understand that mods dont really increase the value of the car unless its a sub 10 sec car. Nobodys going to pay 9500 for a "hardly streetable" 306.

5.0Droptop said:
They normally do carry a lower price. But you get a decent car with nice mods for the money. And an added benifit is its vin is 4 cyc so you can save money on insurance costs as well.

I dont know about your state, but in Pa. if you have your car titled as a 4cyl. and have and accident and the adjuster see's a V-8 in the bay your claim can be denied under the basis of knowingly falsifying the insurance info and worst case senario you might be charged with insurance fraud. Im pretty good friends with my insurance ajent to the point that he reccomended a place that reconizes the costs of modifications when it comes to insurance claims. To do it right the car should have a reconstructed title.

just4bob50 said:
I dont know about your state, but in Pa. if you have your car titled as a 4cyl. and have and accident and the adjuster see's a V-8 in the bay your claim can be denied under the basis of knowingly falsifying the insurance info and worst case senario you might be charged with insurance fraud. Im pretty good friends with my insurance ajent to the point that he reccomended a place that reconizes the costs of modifications when it comes to insurance claims. To do it right the car should have a reconstructed title.

I have heard that before. I am sure ins. companies would love to get out of paying a claim based on anything.

my car is insured as a 5.0 LX they asked me about it when i got the insurance and i told them about it. also the notchback in that auction is a ragged out POS it has a bone stock bottom end pushing damn near the max HP that will probally low the engine if it already isnt having problems nowand thats why hes selling it, he gave the interior a 5 1/2 out of 10 and says the panels have "cancer". my body is in mint condition with only 1 tny scratch and a little ding about the size of a dime, the interior on mine is in good condition and alot better then it looks now and the cage is now wraped in foam, i would give mine a 7 out of 10 and could be easily perfect if i took out the back seat and put the delete i have in it but i havent cause my kids love to drive in it. and i have a new center console i havnt put in either.