Roush Wanted: 97-99 S351 car >>

gbvetracer

Feb 4, 2007
Does anyone know of a 97-99 S351 for sale? I keep finding ads on the net that are OLD and still listing cars that sold years ago! VERY frustrating... coupe or speedster... thanks! glenn

• Sponsors (?)

As previous posters have stated, the first place to look is Performance Autosport as Mark specializes in Saleen Mustangs. Even if he doesn't have a vehicle listed on his website, he may know of one that is available that the owner has not yet advertised. That is how I originally became aware of the '98 Speedster I now own.

You can also try eBay (where I ultimately located my Speedster), Collector Car Trader Online, the Mustang & Ford Trader publication, Stangnet.com & Corral.net.

There are probably other websites I'm overlooking but these are the places I've always used.

I have a 97 S351 that will be listed today,White/Black
Mark

Nice car, but how did he burn the paint off the calipers? That is some serious heat!

95%2016%20S351%205%20800.jpg

Bart

I agree that price is about 15-17k overpriced.

The best part in the description is that the "engine/motor" was removed for detail reasons. HA! The motor was probably fried.

For the record those Alcon calipers get super hot. The paint can look like that even after 5,000 miles or so or a even a couple of track days.

I agree that price is about 15-17k overpriced.

The best part in the description is that the "engine/motor" was removed for detail reasons. HA! The motor was probably fried.

For the record those Alcon calipers get super hot. The paint can look like that even after 5,000 miles or so or a even a couple of track days.

I guess I didnt drive 94-11 hard enough? After 50k miles the calipers looked perfect!

Bart

Bart,

Of course 94-11 also was a, well you know..... Saleen car in the beginning so you like Roberts 97-01 are specially massaged cars and who knows how many new Alcons went on yours before it got to you. Super jealous by the way.
I kept thinking that the guy who bought your car should have bought the yellow SR that sold recently on Marks site so he could brag and recreate that famous picture with the cars together on the raceway.
My 95 calipers were just sarting to show grey after 600 miles. Most of us really stand on those Alcons. In my opinion the best caliper I have ever owned. It almost feels like you can make your Saleen do a handstand with the Alcons up front.

Bart,

Of course 94-11 also was a, well you know..... Saleen car in the beginning so you like Roberts 97-01 are specially massaged cars and who knows how many new Alcons went on yours before it got to you. Super jealous by the way.
I kept thinking that the guy who bought your car should have bought the yellow SR that sold recently on Marks site so he could brag and recreate that famous picture with the cars together on the raceway.
My 95 calipers were just sarting to show grey after 600 miles. Most of us really stand on those Alcons. In my opinion the best caliper I have ever owned. It almost feels like you can make your Saleen do a handstand with the Alcons up front.

I am sure you are right about the Alcons prior to my ownership lol. The first owner had a speedboat and was good buddies with the Saleen Race Team. I am sure the car saw some high speed cruising during the early stages of life.

Last I heard, George said the new owner in Alabama was asking $60-$65k for the car at a show lol (not a bad profit, if he can get it, since I sold it for $30k). I am sure it will be worth it one day, but not in this market. I miss that car, but still loved my white 95 S351 coupe the most.