wanting to get h/c/i

• Sponsors (?)

interex1982 said:
can u get h/c/i for under $2000 and still run good with and aode? what would be the gas mpg with h/c/i?
Can EASILY be done for that price including a tune, depending on who's doing the work.

As far as MPG, you "could" still hit 20 on the highway, mid-high teens in the city.. I know Paul (KillerCanary) gets good mileage on a low 12 second car with lots of goodies.

RC

interex1982 said:
can u get h/c/i for under $2000 and still run good with and aode? what would be the gas mpg with h/c/i?

You did not say if you had a shift kit or tc.

If you are talking about a stock AODE with out those two items............

You can make good power with h/c/i for sure but some of it will be just potential power and that power won't be realized until you get the AODE better equipped.

You see posts all the time from peeps with AODE equipped cars who say what a big difference those items make in their combos.

Grady

OutLawSE said:
However, do you already have gears and a converter? If not, get them first.

I agree... In my first post, I was just answering your question, but you should work on the dog AODE first...you can get get gears, converter, shift kit, and cooler for under $2k.

Also, If you are running low on funds, but your goal is still to have a N/A nice combo, you could work on the Intake forward first (intake, MAM, and TB), then work on the intake back. (h/c, rockers, etc)

The former will net you some nice power.

RC

Keep in mind that with an HCI setup you will also want to upgrade a bunch of other stuff. For example: MAF, injectors, fuel pump, TB, headers. Not to mention there is all the little stuff, like: spark plugs, gaskets, vacuum lines, specialty tools (fuel line disconnectors, easy out for broken bolts), various other tools. All that stuff adds up FAST, even the "little" stuff.

And once your car is going faster, you will soon be thinking of suspension upgrades and brakes.

And so it begins.

interex1982 said:
Get the trickflow top end kit. Comes with everything you need minus the TB inlet adaptor which is like 60 bucks I think and you will need the oil filler which is like 25 bucks. Call trickflow or vist their site. That is what Im going with minus the intake manifolds cause I wanna get a 2.2L KB :hail2:

look on the classifieds for deals, there are a few sets of trick flow twisted wedge heads on the classifieds for around 7-800. as long as the parts are good and well maintain i would think about possibly going with some use parts in some cases, as it will save u quite a bit of money.

interex1982 said:
well can i get in to the 13's with $2000 in parts with me doing the labor
yeah its very possible

you can pick up a nitrous kit for around 500 and be there with your car thw way it sits. you would want to upgrade the fuel pump if you havnt done that already tho

you could also get an intake, throttle body, LT headers, H/X pipe, catback and gears. that should be close to 13's

oh and sticky tires:nice:

urban96 said:
yeah its very possible

you can pick up a nitrous kit for around 500 and be there with your car thw way it sits. you would want to upgrade the fuel pump if you havnt done that already tho

you could also get an intake, throttle body, LT headers, H/X pipe, catback and gears. that should be close to 13's

oh and sticky tires:nice:
well i have h pipe and flowmaster now but i dont want to get gears or use nitrous but i have 3.27 stock what on that do u think i can do to get it to run 13's under $2000

urban96 said:
cant forget the other stuff like rockers, pushrods, gaskets, oil, timing chain...

its also a good time to replace your balencer if its still stock

Yeah, that is what I did, and instead of 2k it was 3k, after all of the miscellaneous stuff.....It adds up.
Scott