Weird headlights

Jacobn4056.

Jan 16, 2024
Us
Hey.
I bought a Standard brand wiring harness plug
For my headlights I wired it by color code on the wires I had to work with and now I have Dome lights at the top part of the twist (before the click. No dim features. And taillights that went off with the shut of the door.
You can imagine how expensive that could be in court. The wire that burned was at the top of the plug. And had been working intermittently if I pushed on the plug.
I have gotten to replacing it.
Has someone done this before?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, but that's not going to help you much. You are the one that is there looking at it.

Are you familiar with how to work with a multi-meter?
Can you read and follow a wiring diagram?

You need to start troubleshooting the function of each of those wires that you seem to have randomly stuffed into some connecter that may or may not be for your car.

I honestly do not know what you are asking about.

Hey.
For my headlights I wired it by color code on the wires I had to work with and now I have Dome lights at the top part of the twist (before the click. No dim features. And taillights that went off with the shut of the door.
You can imagine how expensive that could be in court. The wire that burned was at the top of the plug. And had been working intermittently if I pushed on the plug.
I have gotten to replacing it.

Please read through this and tell me what question you would answer if it were somebody else's post. There is no useable information in this post that somebody could use to assist you other than, "You did it wrong".

You're going to have to put in some effort to get help online.

No mention of year.
No mention of connector part number
No mention of wire colors involved
No mention of which wires were burned or where
No mention about the switch or whether it still functions

What does this even mean? Standard for who/what? Home depot? :shrug: