Went from Powerdyne to Vortech, Track Results!!

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Last time out I had a Powerdyne, 9lb pulley running 6 psi, and i ran a 12.70 @ 114.51. All i did was dumped the powerdyne cause it broke twice in 500 miles, bought the s trim and ran last night. I ran a 12.20 @ 118.15, im freakin pumped about that, half second/and 4 mph with a blower swap! Hopefully with cooler temps ill bust out an 11. Just figured Id share, and let everyone know Powerdyne sucks... Period!

• Sponsors (?)

if you ran the 114.51 mph with all your sig mods except with a powerdyne at 6 psi instead of the s trim. i say you were going really good to begin with. and now with the s trim its really going good now!

you should be running 11s with EASE with that MPH, what is your 60' times??

i'm running 12.16 @ 112, my 60' is 1.64, my combo isnt too far off from yours, and i am running 5-6 psi through the SC trim

so i know you should be well into the 11s with your mph.

btw did you completely swap out the whole kit, did you use anything you already had?

good luck!

if you ran the 114.51 mph with all your sig mods except with a powerdyne at 6 psi instead of the s trim. i say you were going really good to begin with. and now with the s trim its really going good now!

I think you must have read something wrong, he has a full h/c/i setup with the powerdyne on it@6psi, including aluminum heads and was doing 12.70's@114.

thats what i mean, lol sorry if it is confusing

with all his mods and the powerdyne at 6 psi 114 is good mph. seeing how the heads and cam arent very radical at all.

performer heads are good heads but are the least flowing cfm head of all the aftermarket alums, ported gt40s flow just as good, and even e7s can flow with them if done right ( i think thumpers and powerheads arent too far off from performer heads.) and the cobra intake is mild.

which is why it seems like great mph to me, and 118 with the s trim is even better.

okay so you ran a powerdyne at 6psi and now are running a vortech s trim at 10 psi and are going faster on the vortech and from that you conclude that you went slower on the powerdyne because it sucks?

Powerdyne does suck plain and simple, two belt breaks in 500 miles, 6 psi with 9lb pulley, thats how i concluded Powerdyne Sucks!!!

Im cutting 1.77 60 foots for whoever asked. I know its an 11 second car, im still trying to learn how to drive, each time is getting better, and for the record, somone said i had H/C/I, i dont have a cam yet.

Powerdyne does suck plain and simple, two belt breaks in 500 miles, 6 psi with 9lb pulley, thats how i concluded Powerdyne Sucks!!!

Im cutting 1.77 60 foots for whoever asked. I know its an 11 second car, im still trying to learn how to drive, each time is getting better, and for the record, somone said i had H/C/I, i dont have a cam yet.

Dude, you have a mid 11's car with that MPH. I run mid 12's at 114-116MPH....but I can't get better thana 1.8 60ft time with Nittos, and I don't want to run slicks.

Congrats man, keep going to the track and keep posting up times!:nice: