Went to the dyno today... odd results..

I thought the metric system used kilowatts to measure power not horse power. So your dyno may be reading in kilowatts. 1 KW = 1.34 HP so 250 KW x 1.34 = 335 HP which sounds about right.

• Sponsors (?)

san~man said:
There is no way you're making 280RWHP with those mods. Get on a dynojet or a mustang dyno to get a correct reading.

no ****, but why would this dyno read so high..

and moreover, why is the torque dead on?

302 on dynojet as well as the dastek

the hp is the only thing that seems inflated

well like i said the torque aint far off, with just magnapacks i laid down 289 rwtq..

these dasteks are supposed to be accurate, these guys i went to tune 800hp porsche race cars and have a race team..
I agree the number seems to be inflated but why.. whats the difference

It sounds a bit off to me, you should be around 315 w/ 9lbs boost. (That being said, how are you getting 9lbs w/ that supercharger? If you have the different pulley, maybe 8, and if stock pulley 5-6lbs.)

Also, regarding your earlier question, you do not want to run more than 8lbs boost with that supercharger as it has the old ball bearing system - which heats up a LOT and you're going to have problems if you over spin it.

Remember to change the oil every 3,000 miles with ATF (automatic transmission fluid type "F").

I just bought a used one, did a bit of research on it (or rather what little I could find). Its a good blower, but not mean to spin-up like the newer vortechs, novi/paxton/, procharger, etc.

Need more information, too. Like what was your A/F ratio.