Went to the track. Stock motor, AODE

Scott_95GT

Oct 8, 2004
Sacramento
FIRST time at track. Stock motor, AODE

Well I FINALLY got my car out to the track last night, with a best run of 15.1 @ 93.3 mph.

When I first got out there at about 5:30pm, it was pretty damn hot and humid out, and I ran a 15.444. My next run, about an 1.5 hours later, I ran a 15.306, about an hour later, I ran a 15.207. As the temp outside cooled, my times got better. I ended with the 15.174, which was about 9:15pm.

In a week or two, I'm going to go back with a bit more weight reduction (Nothing major. Just some obvious stuff. Last night I still had crap in my backseat LOL.), *12 of timing, and hopefully have at least my headers on by then and see what happens. 15.0's-14.9's with a bone stock motor, an aode, and stock 3:08's would be nice. Then bolt on my manifold, and buy some gears and see what happens. :shrug:

My car is still slow as hell, but I think it turned out decent for my first time out. Let me know what you guys think. :cheers: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

It's a hardtop...:shrug: From what i have seen and heard, stock auto vert's run 15.5-15.6's. So I think I'm right about where I should be, But after my experince last night, I think there are a few tenths to be shed while still stock (motor/gears).

At what rpm do you AODE guys launch your cars? I had my best run around 2k rpms (holding brake, letting off & punching it), but I didn't try any higher cause I was afraid I would loose a couple tenths with tire spin.

Synned said:
It's a vert?
Oops :bang: Wasn't paying too close attention :nonono:

Well, still though not bad for a first outting. As for how to hard to launch off the line that will come with more runs(practice). Every car is different. Your cars suspension may be tighter or looser than others and that makes a difference on the launch.

Mustangless said:
I hope I can get out of the 15s. I would be happy with those times though. :) I have 3.27s and just the stuff in my sig. Pretty much stock

what were your 60 times?

60 times were around 2.3, which leaves some room for improvment, even when launching an auto.

With stock 3:27's, full exhaust, with good conditions and a good launch, you should be able to hit high 14's.

I just got this vert about a month ago.
It is a 95 GT vert AODE with 3.27's.
It needed a tune up because everything under the hood was original... Down to the air silencer.
I removed that, dropped in a K&N, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and a new MSD coil.
Went to the track that night and ran a 15.54 @ 92mph.

I put a Mac cat-back system on there now and the car feels stronger, so I'm going to test that soon...

Next will probably be 4.10's. Even with the 3.27's the car doesn't shift out of first until I'm doing over 50 mph. It holds second until 85 mph...
It pulls hard, but I think with the 4.10's it'll get the shift points in a more workable range...