Went to the track tonight

blackfang

Founding Member
Dec 17, 2001
Richmond, Va
Made it half way down the track until the BBK adjustable cable decided to take a ***** and stretch on me. So needless to say 4th gear wouldnt engage and I didnt find that out until 7,000 rpm. jerry rigged it to get her home, then junking the cable for a stocker, installing a firewall adjuster and going back out there in 2 weeks.

• Sponsors (?)

Pennywise2 said:
Holy gezzzz! You are lucky nothing else broke.
The fuel cut off is at 7K rpm's I though?
From what I hear the Steeda adjustable cables are pretty strong and will hold up.
My car is tuned so the limiter is at 7000. Some have broken a steeda as well. Yeah I am ordering an oem my from my sister dealership Monday.

blackfang said:
My car is tuned so the limiter is at 7000. Some have broken a steeda as well. Yeah I am ordering an oem my from my sister dealership Monday.

all I have to say is a 4V motor at 7000 rpm is probably the sweetest sound I have ever heard in my life. A buddy of mine had a '97 Cobra vert and 1 ride in that car is what really turned me on to mustangs... then I bought the slowest mustang ever produced, go figure. He recently made the upgrade to an 04 cobra, with a notchback on the side (bastid).