What’s It Worth

Fri Guy

15 Year Member
May 10, 2007
This notchback will be up for sale soon. Buddy of mine is finishing it up. Originally a 4 cylinder car but now has a freshly rebuilt T5, refreshened 5.0, 5 lug swap and gears. Has all black interior. I’m thinking of picking it up if I can get it for a good deal. What kind of pricing would you guys put on it in today’s market?

9E7E6637-EB2E-49C9-82B7-19628CF96D04.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

My thoughts are if I can pick up this notchback for a good enough deal to where I can do a little work on it making it look better and sell it for a little profit. How much does it hurt the value not being a original 5.0 car?

Based on all the FB Fox Body cars posted for sale I thought it would be worth something. Seems like you can't find a good clean running notchback for under $12K.

Not enough info really. I'd probably throw it in the $9-15K range without knowing too many of the details.

The 5-lug swap. Conversion rotors and drums, or 4 wheel Sn95 cobra disk brakes? The later will drive the value up.

Quality of the conversion? Hacked up wiring harnesses? Or donor car with all the correct wiring installed? Any shortcuts taken or was the swap done as close to OE spec as possible?

The big one. Rust, body damage, paint. A paintjob on these cars is $5-10K easy. If the car's paint is in great shape, that will add value. If it needs a paint job, then closer to the lower end.

The black interior. Original? Or a pieced together swap/painted interior?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure the 5 lug swap is with just the rotors and drums but not 100%. This guy knows these fox body's extremely well, has plenty of them so I know the conversion was done correctly and not a hack job. I asked him about rust and he said the rust issues were already repaired from the previous owner. The paint isn't great but will buff out and look better. As far as the interior I'm not sure, will have to ask more about it.