Wheels-Tires what are the widest tires that will fit 10 hole stock rims?

• Sponsors (?)

Different tires have different recommended wheel width ranges. You'll have to consult the spec sheet for whatever brand/model tire you're interested in.

With that said, I've seen people put 275/50-15 drag radials on stock 10 hole wheels. I don't know of any 275 tire that recommends going as narrow as the stock 15x7 wheels, but it's been done.

Different tires have different recommended wheel width ranges. You'll have to consult the spec sheet for whatever brand/model tire you're interested in.

With that said, I've seen people put 275/50-15 drag radials on stock 10 hole wheels. I don't know of any 275 tire that recommends going as narrow as the stock 15x7 wheels, but it's been done.

I have seen this too and in 30+ years of playing with these cars I've only come across one idiot who actually rolled the tire off of the wheel on the street.

Needless to say that I don't recommend putting a 275 drag tire on a stock wheel then going out and turning corners with it on the street. The same idiot also had drag skinnies up front when he dove into the guard rail.

Take a look at a set of Cooper Cobra in 245-250/60/r15

You will have to check for sidewall clearance in the back end. Removing the quad shocks is not an option unless you have good/great after-market control arms.

I don't think that is going to solve your issue, with a quick search lmr still says they are 7 inches wide.

I run a 275 on an 8.5 and even then i'd say it's not really wide enough.

How much power are you putting down? It may not be worth the trouble trying to get every extra mm in there.