Pony Rims with 235/60zr16 Tires.....To Tall?

I have a 1990 GT, I just picked up a set of pony rims. I was thinking of going with a little wider/taller tire. Stock is 255/55r16 and I was thinking 235/60ZR16. I want to fill in the wheel well, does anyone know if the front will rub and will the taller tire look out of place. I searched everywhere and can't find a picture. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks is advance

• Sponsors (?)

You mean stock size is 225/55/16.

I had 245/50/16s (essentially stock height) on a 16x8 rim on the front and 255/50/16 on same rims on the rear. I had a rub on plastic inner fender at full turn on the front, but that may have been my spindle set up. No issue on the rear.
20200602_194518.jpg

The 235/60/16s would be the same height as the 255/50/16s I had. Not sure how much s rubbing you may have, but I would suspect some kind of rub due to the height.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to give it a try. I ordered a cheap set of tires for my winter ponies. I used a tire calculator and it looks close? If front is to big, I'll order a smaller tire but, I think it will be ok. I know the 50 series tires look small on a stock suspension and I can't find a 55 series cheap tire so, I'll try out the 60 series. Here's screen shot of the tires and calculator:

Screenshot 2023-12-27 102621.png
Screenshot 2023-12-27 103058.png
Screenshot 2023-12-27 103629.png

Last edited:
I have nothing to add except...

I hate your avatar. :fuss:

This pink blob keeps showing up and messin' with the tranquility of my [New Posts] feed? And what exactly does it have to do with being a Daredevil??? I keep clicking on the thread so it will go away!

You're just going to have to be banned. :ban:

But, after my nap. :coff:

:jester:

• Haha
I have nothing to add except...

I hate your avatar. :fuss:

This pink blob keeps showing up and messin' with the tranquility of my [New Posts] feed? And what exactly does it have to do with being a Daredevil??? I keep clicking on the thread so it will go away!

You're just going to have to be banned. :ban:

But, after my nap. :coff:

lol…yea pink cupcake thing is dickerd! I just tried to change it but, it won’t except my phone picture? Idk! Here’s a video from my channel, watch this to keep busy after spank time nap! lol…I’ll fix up avatar when I get home!
View: https://youtu.be/IIgY0b8fIiQ?feature=shared

lol

A 27” tire is going to be pretty darn big in these fender wells if you are lowered. Stock is 25.7” and when I’ve run a 26.0” tire it’s been fairly tight in the front.

The second number in the tire size (50-series, 55-series) all depends on the first number as it’s a percentage of tire

A 27” tire is going to be pretty darn big in these fender wells if you are lowered. Stock is 25.7” and when I’ve run a 26.0” tire it’s been fairly tight in the front.

The second number in the tire size (50-series, 55-series) all depends on the first number as it’s a percentage of tire
I’m confident the rear will fit nicely and not look like balloons? I think it will be ok, front may be a problem, I couldn’t find a cheap 55 series tire but, we’ll give it a try? I’ll post pics when I have the tires and rims on next week?

I’m confident the rear will fit nicely and not look like balloons? I think it will be ok, front may be a problem, I couldn’t find a cheap 55 series tire but, we’ll give it a try? I’ll post pics when I have the tires and rims on next week?
Last month I purchased Four 225-55-16 Ohtsu tires, mounted and balanced for $280 in Malabar Fl..... I couldn't pass up the deal

That's a trip for a set of tires
Was Bently bored, wanted to go for a ride?
I got to see the beach... Pretty nice over there..... The HUNDREDS of condo's going up all over on the way...... Florida is screwed...The whole state is going to be like NYC soon......
Bentley is getting too old for long trips,, He can't hold it very well anymore.... He is 14 1/2....