what do i need for the track

tobalx

Sep 14, 2011
i need help figuring what i need as far as saftey equipment for the track. i have looked at the rules and i belive i will fall in the 11-11.99. i am planning a 6 point roll bar weld in and a 5 point harness but i am having trouble ordering what i need.
more than likely it will be from summit racing.
so if i order the roll bar main loop and strut kit,do i need the harness bar too??
does the bolt in 5 point harness bolt to the floor and how does it attach to bar??
and do i need a racing seat that is bolted to the bar?? or can i just use my stock seat.
what is a metal screw in valve stem??will it work with my cobra rims.
i have a driveshaft saftey loop and my nos bottle vented outside (i have a hb) and the car is very clean and in great shape. any help would be great as i have to bring my car about 700 miles to the closest track so i don't want to only get one run in!!! my best to date is 12.56 but i have allot of work done since then.

• Sponsors (?)

Call s&w race cars in PA, there rollbars fit good. I just finished one on Friday. The belts either wrap around the cross bar or bolt to a tab welded to the cross bar. Depends on which one you order. Your stock seat is more than sufficient. Bolt in stems will work with your wheels but I have never seen anyone break balls on an 11 sec car over valve stems. If you plan on going faster than 11.5 make sure you grab a single layer fire jacket too. Hope this helps

it helped greatly,thank you very much. i have a short summer where i live and a long haul to the track so i have to make the most of it. i figure if i don't need it going overboard on saftey is not a bad thing.

700 miles is real dedication! I worry about a 180 mile round trip - what if break something major there? I got to the track one time with two cars (and an extra family member to help drive) and had to change a GM starter with a baked solenoid. Does "bring you car" mean you have a trailer? That may be smart if you run a stock T-5 and slicks.

she is definatly trailered!! and you should see what freezing and thawing does to a highway. gave me a good excuse to buy my f250 deisel. but in northern canada you gotta make the most out of your summers.