What is the average age on stangnet 5.0 talk?

• Sponsors (?)

18. I've loved Mustang since longer than I can remember. I've actually liked the fox a lot longer than I thought I did because I found a picture a while ago and remembered loving it when I was about 7.

I also remember telling my dad (while pointing to a picture of a Mustang II) what crappy designer did they hire to design this crap? (age 9)

Two years ago I bought my 88 coupe after realizing that the stigma for 5.0 owners from the 90s was gone....and was blown away by how easily and cheaply they could be made to go fast. So with some help of ebay, friends, and the local boneyards I build my 11 second daily driver.

I think a lot of people have forgotten how easily these cars can be made fast outside of the Mustang community. I think a lot of ricers hate on the Fox, not really knowing anythig about it. It's kind of funny though. It's the bench mark for a lot of these kids, and they don't even know why. Haha.

Yeah, some kid skateboarded by my car in the school parking lot, when my friend and I were joking around and revving our engines at eachother. He skated by and said "you've got a 5.0, you've got nothing"

I just laughed and said "I'd LOVE to see what you've got."

I got my first 5.0 20 years ago (Mid-December 1987) and have owned nothing else since. :eek: Actually, I don't know if that's good or bad but I just have not been able to justify buying anything else. lol I have driven plenty of cars that I have no problem admitting are nicer. Still, it just don't feel natural. :D I sometimes wonder if I'll ever outgrow these cars.

20 years old, got my first one when i was 17, had my current one for a year or so. ill never own another mustang other than a fox, been into them since i was 16 when bentley429 and i were in a band together and he said "mustangs are the man" haha, before that i wanted an eclipse... thank you josh hahaha

18 yrs old. Been into them since i was 12. Originally wanted a '99-04 GT but i saw my neighbors '85 Fox and that was that. Bought my '91 when i was 16(Nothin beats having a mint fox in highschool:rlaugh: ) Bought my '86 this year and I'll never sell any of them. My next project is a 2007 GT Super Snake Replica

Im 18, and have had the fox since i was 16. Ive been into fast cars/mustangs ever since i could talk. I bought my first car when i was 14 and it was a 1985 buick grand national. Sold that for the stang :nice:

I am 35, and on my 7th fox body mustang excluding a stint in a 2000 Saleen. Got my first at seventeen and have always had one around at one time or another. This one is a keeper, a year and a half project hopefully completed by spring. There is no car in my opinion as clean and stylish as a fox body.

Turning 20 in less than a month, grew up around a shop but never got heavy into cars until after the first shop was sold and I turned 14, started looking at cars, then looked at some fast **** and was like wow. My aunt had my stang since new, rode home from school in it since elementary. Car was serviced entirely by dad or one of his employees so it was done properly. I got an 83 z28 around 15 for a good deal, the l69 ho with the low rear end. Drove that car down the driveway and out on some sideroads without a license on 2 occassions. (not a smart move at all but hindsights 20/20). Wrecked it 2 days after my license being stupid, didn't have a car for a month when my mom got another vehicle (she was loaning the stang at the time, drove it too with my permit) and my aunt turned the car over to me like her original intentions were since I loved it so much when I was little. Haven't looked back since, and still pushing foward. I may stop soon though, after a little shot of gas, transmission, and basic suspension will be all I want. Anymore and I'll have to start hacking the car up, and I just can't bring myself to do it.

I'm 27. Been into them since I was 7-8 years old. Bought my first when I was 14 years old, it was 1994 and bought a 1990 LX Vert, not the one in my sig but thats what made me want this one so much when I found it. I have owned 8 Mustangs total. One 1972 Coupe and the rest foxes from 83' to 92'.