What is the is the part #for the walbro high pressure fuel pump?

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
Austin,TX
I have seen gss340 around but i'm kind of lost on the part numbers and gss340 dosent really show up much. Off hand does anyone know the 255lph high pressure part # and where to get one cheap?

Thanks,
Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

Question.

I know summit stuff isnt the highest quality but it seems that walbro makes every fuel pump, BBK, Holley and summit as well..

Or is there a difference between the summit and BBK because the summit one is cheaper and looks IDENTICAL. Please clarify this. Thanks.

Redsnk95 said:
The Walbro GSS340 is the high pressure 255lph, the GSS307 is the standard 255lph. I would buy it from Alan Kennedy at www.fuelsystems.biz

Troy

Well, I talked to him in an e-mail and said I wanted one. I havent heard from him in a few days and no responses to my e-mails now.

So soes anyone know a place that has the gss340 high pressure pump in stock? I dont want the high flow or the reg one.

Thanks,
Brandon

SeventyMach1 said:
Dumb question. So what exactly is the difference in the two? When would you need the HP over the regular one?

Several years ago they used to refer to the two pumps as a high volume and a high pressure pump.

Quite a few of the guys on the power adder boards complained of not being to get their pressure below the low 40's when using the high pressure pump.

At that time, blown combos were tuned by mostly mechanical means and the only custom tune was a chip. So you can see that when a guy got big inj's and he had low pulse width issues, which so often happens with them, he had trouble cause he could not get his pressure low enough.

With that being said, the norm back then was for the NA combos to use the high volume pump and the forced combos used the high pressure pump.

As time marched on, you saw fewer complaints about the high pressure pumps and my guess would be that the quality of the fuel pressure regulators improved.

Later
Grady

I like Grady's line of thinking. With the standard 255, under or around 40 PSI it acts the same as the High pressure 255. But at real high pressures (like forced induction guys running 70 PSI for bursts), the high pressure pump keeps the flow up accordingly, whereas the non-HP pump does not.