What kind of gas milage do you get

• Sponsors (?)

I've been getting horrible gas mileage I haven't a clue why. It's basically all stock except for the march ram air, pulleys, electric fan, and a Prochamber.. Been getting like 12.5-13.0 mpg all city driving, lugging around in 5th gear with 2.73s. It's really starting to piss me off lol. Even did a full tune up, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, o2's, adjusted tps, electric fan... still getting the same mileage. It bloows.

I have been breaking a spec stage II and a TKO- 500. I got 300 miles to the tank. I have a mass air conv on the 87 with 24 lb injecters. I just set the fuel pressure at 35 vac on. This is with 3:08's and a 5 spd in a notch. What is the proper way to set the fuel pressure? I could probably do better than this. I have a performer II man, catted X, and pullies. What should i set the FP at? I know the 24's are over kill for now. I am going to need every last drop for the heads and cam soon.

Originally Posted by old school 88:
"just checked mine today, 25.9 round trip duluth, to mps/stpaul and back2000 2200rpms ,some city driving, w/top down.88 5.0 5sp 273 rgs mac hedders, of rpipe ,flows,with 2 guys 240, 295#."

cjman15 said:
I didn't understand one group of letters and digits in that post.....

Let me try (no one understands me either). :D

He got 25.9 MPG on a round-trip journey around Minnesota. This included some city driving. His highway cruise RPM was 2200 RPM. He has an '88 with 2.73's, headers, O/R pipe, etc. He had two buddies with him; one weighed 240 pounds and the other was 295 pounds.

Is that close Old School 88?

rustang87 said:
I have been breaking a spec stage II and a TKO- 500. I got 300 miles to the tank. I have a mass air conv on the 87 with 24 lb injecters. I just set the fuel pressure at 35 vac on. This is with 3:08's and a 5 spd in a notch. What is the proper way to set the fuel pressure? I could probably do better than this. I have a performer II man, catted X, and pullies. What should i set the FP at? I know the 24's are over kill for now. I am going to need every last drop for the heads and cam soon.
You set it key on, engine off. Your mileage may get worse if you set it where it belongs, but it'll be safer... I think you're pretty lean. They come set 38psi@0"vac from the factory and most stockers run best backed off to around 36-37. Yours isn't stock, and once you do H/C, you may start burning stuff up with it set that low, I'd put it back up to 38 if I were you. Your saving grace may be that you're breaking in the clutch/tranny- if you had tach'd it out regularly at that setting I'd tell you to pull your plugs now and check them out. 300 miles on a tank is awsome though, I think you can afford to lose a little.