What Mags for my 66 coupe

ANTZ66

Jun 25, 2005
OK guys & Gals, I am after some assistance. I am currently looking at getting some Mags for my 66 coupe. Does anyone have some ideas about what I should be looking at? I dont wnat to make it look to radical, and was hoping to keep it close to original. I think the 66 came with a 5 lug, 5 spoke wheel as a sporty and attractive option (is this correct?) If so where can I get these from and what size should I be looking at without making any radical changes to my car set up. I like the look of the torque thruster wheels and the magnum 500, but someone told me the chrome plate rusts (is this correct).
I hope someone can assist me. PS. I am currently in Australia so telling me to visit so and so in the states may be difficult (unfortunately)

• Sponsors (?)

I've always been partial to the Magnum 500's; they're about the "prettiest" mag-styled rims I've seen on an early Stang - unless you can find some NOS Keystone "Classics". Of course my mindset is that the looks of wheel are aren't all that important......form follows function and you can't really see what the rims look like when they're spinning like crazy while the Stang is blowing the doors off the average Camaro (or Hon-duh) :D

If you really want a little "BA-A-AAD" mixed in with your "pretty" (and not worry so much about rust); the Summit catalog shows some Wheel Vintiques brand aluminum "Billet Magnum 500" wheels. They come in 17" & 18" sizes and look pretty cool. Of course, the $400/each price (17-inchers) kinda "warms up" the cool factor :eek:

stockton wheels (or something like that).

They make a wider and larger version of the very nice looking Styled Steel Wheels, a GT option on the 65 and 66 I believe.

You can get 15x7 in the front and 15x8 in the back. They look great on a stock looking ride AND you can have modern safe performance tires, not to mention disc brakes.

Check em out.