what to do with my exploder motor

Bad92GT

The 5 Minute Plan Man
Jun 10, 2004
SC
im so flippin confused.. ive tryed so many different plans and each one comes up short.. lol 96 Gt40 motor complete.. i got some money to spend on it and i want some powa.. i need a cheap alternative.. or a good combo that can get me low 12s.. if i buy a bottle i wanna be the freakin 11s.. soo whats your ideas or what would you do with it..

• Sponsors (?)

^^got i hate it when people say that.

uh... if i were you, i'd just rebuild it for as cheap as you can, put a 5.0 int manifold on it, and turn it out for some profit.

carbed87 said:
^^got i hate it when people say that.

uh... if i were you, i'd just rebuild it for as cheap as you can, put a 5.0 int manifold on it, and turn it out for some profit.

Uh,,, intake on exploder = gt-40/cobra which is > 5.0 intake.

IMO: You should take the steps to convert it to an HO gt-40 engine and with exhaust and a good suspension high 12's should be attainable. Ive seen several people do it.

I mean, change out the cam and you got a mild HCI 5.0 HO :)

i rebuilt it.. and its crap.. yep.. crap.. for the work involved.. and the times it turned out (with a very experienced driver as well) was just crap.. so now im wrestless.. beautiful car that gets compliments from even the most dimmwitted car guys but cuts a bad time because the motor just doesnt have anything left.. :mad: pistes me off.. so i picked this one up lol

Rebuild it, get yourself a 5.0 HO cam (F303 is pretty good in these engines), get the heads milled down and throw it in. It'll get you 12s if the rest of your car is set up for drag.