What Tuner?

Yamaha224

Jan 29, 2017
Alright so i have a 2007 4.0l mustang with a custom xpipe dual exhaust with flowmaster 44s and im trying to install my ford racing intake. The problem that im running into is that im 17 and trying to spend as little money as possible on a tuner. Ive found some "unmarried" sct tuners on ebay but im worried that they still wouldnt be able to mate to my car? Sct or bama?

• Sponsors (?)

Any unmarried tuner will have to be sent back to SCT before you can use it. The last I remember it cost about $150 to renew it but I could be wrong. SCT and Bama are the same tuner, Bama just has their name on it.

You can get a new tuner for around $400 and maybe a used one for $200.. not sure. You'd definitely want one made for your model of car. I would go new myself as I did with my SCT tuner. As retfr8flyr stated above a lot of tuners have the same software, just a different name stamped on it. As far as price for what it does, it's really beneficial. My car is way different than it was before the tuner. It has balls now. I have a 2014 auto v6 and can keep up with the newer GTs no problem.. up to 130mph that is. I don't want to go over that speed due to driveshaft failures, especially in the 2011s. I believe the new 2015+ models resolved that issue. So if you have $400 you can save up, I'd definitely invest in one.