whats a good brand emissions leagal h pipe with cats

north carolina is going to start the snifer test in my county soon. so i need a new h-pipe with cats.....what is a good brand that alot of people do not have a problem passing with? i dont want a stock h-pipe i want an aftermarket high flow if possible

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, you need to chek with your state to see what they deem "legal"

We have used the Mac high flow (2 cat system) in MD and had no issues, it has the fitting for the airpump also...

Been there and had a bad expericence with MAC. :(:

Mac has poor fit when used with a Tremec 3550, the rear crossmember rubs the cats. The clamp together H section used to joint the pipes together must be welded or it will rust out over time.

hey jadedeye....youll be fine with an aftermarket catted h-pipe. any place you go will just check to see if it has cats on it. and if it passes the sniffer test. no one will even remember what a factory h-pipe looks like from that long ago so you dont have to worry about that.

jrichker said:
Been there and had a bad expericence with MAC. :(:

Mac has poor fit when used with a Tremec 3550, the rear crossmember rubs the cats. The clamp together H section used to joint the pipes together must be welded or it will rust out over time.

Really, knock on wood we have had ours for over 6 years with no issues, but it is in our 93 Cobra still using the stock tranny. We figure it will rust from the inside out as much as it sits...lol

:OT:
awesome home made bleeder you posted in that brake thread :nice: